Rouge H Cabana

blingbaby

Just Love Hermes !
O.G.
Jul 13, 2007
Hi just purchased this and absolutely love it. It was listed as Buffle skipper, which I take to be buffalo ? It looks like togo to me, what do you think ?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    485.1 KB · Views: 476
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    472 KB · Views: 479
All the buffalo skipper I have ever seen had such a pronounced grain with the top being darker than the bottom. This looks quite mono colour so doesn't look like skipper to me. Buffalo is also quite heavy with a wide grain.

Hope that helps.

Here is Togo from 2009 (M stamp)

View attachment 3344065

Can you ask a knowledgable SA. Leather can look so different IRL.
Thanks, yes next time I head to Hermes I will take it with me. It is definitely not buffalo skipper as I have had a look at quite a lot of that online and it does have a pronounced 2 colour affect which this definitely does not have. Thinking it is either togo or clemence. The leather on the side of the bag is slightly larger grain, but still not 2 tone.

Buffalo skipper is only two-toned if it's Dalmatian dyed (dyed twice). This COULD be buffalo skipper, which I believe to be actually water buffalo (not at all certain). It actually looks more like straight-up buffalo (bison) to me, as I have non-H items in bison, but I don't know that H used this for bags. The grain seems a little different from Clemence and larger than Togo - but leathers vary wildly. Bababebi would probably know......