Rouge H Cabana

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi just purchased this and absolutely love it. It was listed as Buffle skipper, which I take to be buffalo ? It looks like togo to me, what do you think ?

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      485.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      472 KB
      Views:
  2. All the buffalo skipper I have ever seen had such a pronounced grain with the top being darker than the bottom. This looks quite mono colour so doesn't look like skipper to me. Buffalo is also quite heavy with a wide grain.

Hope that helps.

3. Thank you.

4. Here is Togo from 2009 (M stamp)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462103661.498245.jpg

Can you ask a knowledgable SA. Leather can look so different IRL.

5. Thanks, yes next time I head to Hermes I will take it with me. It is definitely not buffalo skipper as I have had a look at quite a lot of that online and it does have a pronounced 2 colour affect which this definitely does not have. Thinking it is either togo or clemence. The leather on the side of the bag is slightly larger grain, but still not 2 tone.

6. Just adding a couple more pics in the hope that someone can id the leather :smile:

Attached Files:

• 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      473 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      714.6 KB
      Views:
  7. if i recall correctly i believe buffalo are much denser and therefore should weigh a lot more than say togo

8. Buffalo skipper is only two-toned if it's Dalmatian dyed (dyed twice). This COULD be buffalo skipper, which I believe to be actually water buffalo (not at all certain). It actually looks more like straight-up buffalo (bison) to me, as I have non-H items in bison, but I don't know that H used this for bags. The grain seems a little different from Clemence and larger than Togo - but leathers vary wildly. Bababebi would probably know......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice