Rosie vs Goldie

What should I do with Rosie?

• Keep her!

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Trade her in for her sister Goldie

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Keep her until you find the noir b25 gold

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Easy there. Give it some time before making a decision!

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

lilmonkey

O.G.
Mar 16, 2010
My noir b25 in rose gold is as perfect as can be but I’m not 100% there. I don’t know whether I should let it go because I really love H yellow gold hardware! Here she is with a yellow gold lock, which oddly goes since the stamp and zipper pocket are already gold. Turns out she’s a mixed metals gal. :smile:

I THINK I’m going to love the bag completely in yellow gold but am hesitant to let her go because she is a rare beauty and also because I’ve sold H bags in the past and regretted it, in particular my noir B35 ghw.

She is precious and there aren’t any reasonable noir b25’s in gold hardware available at the moment. Any advice?

P.S. In accordance to TPF rules, I am not trying to sell the bag so please no DM’s. Thank you!

C6547C17-62A2-4237-A0DE-B48601CAC5ED.jpeg

ITA with @TeeCee77

I'll also add that I feel you should 100000% know for sure you love it. I mean if you have to convince yourself to love it, then no. Now I may give a different advice if say the color of the bag was rested or something like that. I am not a PHW girl... given a choice, I'd always choose GHW or RGHW. Well, last year, I found a Lagoon Togo B30 (a HG bag for me) in excellent condition but it had PHW. I figured I'd try it and once I saw IRL, I'd know. Well, I fell in love but as you say not 100% there.... However, there was no option. Either keep with PHW (which I actually do love on this tropical color bag but I know it would be PERFECT for me w/GHW) or not have Lagoon at all. I kept the bag and I do love her! In your case, you have options to make your heart full with love. Your noir GHW will come. Be patient and you'll be ready to pounce as soon as you see her.
Either way, you can't go wrong as Noir RGHW reigns supreme in my eyes!!!
GL dear!!!!

Last edited:
I appreciate the solid advice, @TeeCee77 amd @Israeli_Flava! I know I will want a noir B25 and noir b30 ghw in my collection. There are some nice b30’s readily available now that I can get for the same price as what I paid for the b25 rghw and within budget. Do you think I should just get it now or wait for the b25? The b30 is so practical, I can wear it now and use it more often as a mother yet I’m not as excited about it as the b25– maybe because the options now are not 100% new? They are almost new.

I can still smell the H store on the b25 rghw. It is cute but so small, not as practical for my life and doesn’t look as proportionate on me as the b30 yet I know I still want a noir b25 ghw as a forever bag! I hope that all made sense- trying to be honest with myself while making a very expensive decision.

Last edited:
“Yet I know I still want a B25 noir ghw.” You know what to do! I love the idea of waiting for the perfect B25 ghw and then getting a B30 in another color. B25 is tiny and ridiculous, but I have one and absolutely adore it. Wait and get what you really want. One will come around soon.

IMHO, it doesn't sound as if you really knew what you wanted when you got this bag, but were kind of sucked in by the recent popularity of RGHW. I would return, do nothing for a bit, and buy what you really want.
Agreed with this and I’d even go a step further to say it sounds like you are also caught up in the hype of the size 25, even though you say it’s not practical for your needs nor do you think it looks perfect on you (“doesn’t look proportional” etc). Also H Rose Gold is so close to their yellow gold that I’d wager you’d have the same ‘imperfect feeling’ with a B25 GHW because it’s probably more due to the size and functionality than the hw. JMHO, I’d return/sell it and stick to size 30 with yellow gold hardware given everything you’ve told us.

My noir b25 in rose gold is as perfect as can be but I’m not 100% there. I don’t know whether I should let it go because I really love H yellow gold hardware! Here she is with a yellow gold lock, which oddly goes since the stamp and zipper pocket are already gold. Turns out she’s a mixed metals gal. :smile:

I THINK I’m going to love the bag completely in yellow gold but am hesitant to let her go because she is a rare beauty and also because I’ve sold H bags in the past and regretted it, in particular my noir B35 ghw.

She is precious and there aren’t any reasonable noir b25’s in gold hardware available at the moment. Any advice?

P.S. In accordance to TPF rules, I am not trying to sell the bag so please no DM’s. Thank you!

View attachment 4763513

I have a question! Are RGHW more expensive when it is the same exact size, color and leather of Birkin? It always go so expensive in pre-loved market and I do not really know the original prices...

I have a question! Are RGHW more expensive when it is the same exact size, color and leather of Birkin? It always go so expensive in pre-loved market and I do not really know the original prices...
No. Hardware in the standard options of GHW vs RGHW vs PHW does not influence the price. RGHW tends to go for more in the secondary market due to the perceived rarity and newness to the market.

Reactions: lulilu
I appreciate the solid advice, @TeeCee77 amd @Israeli_Flava! I know I will want a noir B25 and noir b30 ghw in my collection. There are some nice b30’s readily available now that I can get for the same price as what I paid for the b25 rghw and within budget. Do you think I should just get it now or wait for the b25? The b30 is so practical, I can wear it now and use it more often as a mother yet I’m not as excited about it as the b25– maybe because the options now are not 100% new? They are almost new.

I can still smell the H store on the b25 rghw. It is cute but so small, not as practical for my life and doesn’t look as proportionate on me as the b30 yet I know I still want a noir b25 ghw as a forever bag! I hope that all made sense- trying to be honest with myself while making a very expensive decision.
Ironically, I was kind of in the same boat as you, struggling with hardware choice on noir dear. When I requested a Noir B30 or B25, I was dying for RGHW. For whatever reason, my boutique was not receiving many Noir B's at the time but I would get one that came next... turned out to be B30 Togo GHW. I was torn. My heart wanted RGHW but I also love GHW anddddddd was dying for Noir B. Sooo I took the bag. No regrets! Noir B30 is super functional workhorse.

Buuuuuut couldn't let go of the desire for RGHW (especially after I received a B25 Etain RGHW). Absolutely LOVE the RGHW!
What did I do as soon as I was offered a SO?
You guessed it. Noir B25 Chevre RGHW =)
MY FOREVER FANCY LIL BIRKIN
Soooo I get it. And the fact of the matter is I see nothing wrong with having Noir in both sizes. Makes it a little more palatable with different hardware & leather. At least that's what I tell myself hahaha
From what I have read, B30 GHW is the one for you right now.
GO WITH YOUR HEART.

Last edited:
No disrespect to you but you seem to have doubts on almost every bag purchases you have made recently and changed your mind a lot. Maybe it's time to slow down and think about what you really want in terms of size, function and hardware preferences instead of constantly chasing the next trendy thing? You can ask all the opinions in the world but only you can decide what's good for your needs.

Reactions: loh and momoc
No disrespect to you but you seem to have doubts on almost every bag purchases you have made recently and changed your mind a lot. Maybe it's time to slow down and think about what you really want in terms of size, function and hardware preferences instead of constantly chasing the next trendy thing? You can ask all the opinions in the world but only you can decide what's good for your needs.

Funny how “no disrespect to you but…” or “no offense” is always followed by an off-putting comment as if one is absolving one's self from being rude because she/he/they prefaced with that statement. I see value in inspecting handbags in person before making a final decision. For the five figure prices of these bags, I have a right to change my mind all I want until I find the bag that makes me 100% happy.

As far as “constantly chasing the next trendy thing,” the last bags I purchased were a gold Birkin 35cm, which I use every day and love, and a red Kelly 32cm. I am considering a classic black Birkin to add to my collection. These bags are hardly the “next trendy thing”.

Our current climate is full of negativity and vitriol and TPF is is supposed to provide a temporary escape. There is always a tactful and positive way to give constructive advice, as TeeCee77 and Israeli_Flava have graciously done so. This is a purse forum and the exact place to deliberate about these things. Words matter, tone matters, and people sometimes forget that there's an actual person behind the screen. There is no need to contribute to my thread with a negative vibe.

Thank you to everyone who gave positive and constructive advice!

Last edited: