Rosegold vs. permabrass

keekee

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
Beyond excited to have been offered my first SO yesterday! Ended up with a Kelly 28 sellier verso with craie exterior and rose pourpre interior. I chose "CP" hardware which looked like rose gold under the store lighting however after leaving the store and doing some research it seems like CP is permabrass and not rose gold? Can anyone confirm?

Also, what are people's thoughts on rose gold vs. permabrass hardware? TIA!

Beyond excited to have been offered my first SO yesterday! Ended up with a Kelly 28 sellier verso with craie exterior and rose pourpre interior. I chose "CP" hardware which looked like rose gold under the store lighting however after leaving the store and doing some research it seems like CP is permabrass and not rose gold? Can anyone confirm?

Congrats dear!! Your SO is amazing color combo!!!! I love both hardwares for different reasons. Rose Gold is my all time fav hardware as I love the subtle pink tones in the gold that gives it such a feminine, classy flare. I also really like permabrass as it can lean gold in some lighting and silver in others. it is a subtle light gold tone and shiny beautiful neutral... Both are perfect with Craie however rose gold is not offered on Kelly at all. Not even as a SO. RGHW is offered for birkin SO as well as some regular offerings. I just got craie togo B25 RGHW a few months ago and it is BEYOND beautiful! HTH! :flowers:

Reactions: GlitterEyebags
I chose permabrass for my etoupe and etain SOs as I was afraid ghw would highlight the brown tones in these colors. I personally love permabrass. @Israeli_Flava is absolutely correct. It’s similar to light gold and sometimes can look gold in some lighting. Here’s a pic to help. Gris mouette and plomb have brushed ghw.

Attachments

• 541DE04C-9444-43BF-BF64-B173B32B1C81.jpeg
    541DE04C-9444-43BF-BF64-B173B32B1C81.jpeg
    884.2 KB · Views: 372

My ALC will be in craie as well:biggrin:
I have opted for permabrass which I find goes beautifully with neutrals, moreover, it is more rare than RG.
My verrou has pemabrass hardware and it is my absolute favorite, very refined and elegant. As others have shared, it changes depending on the light, which makes it captivating.