Rose Gold zipper uneven colour..is it usual?

Julija

O.G.
Jul 16, 2010
Hi everyone,

2 days ago i received my RGGH antracite city and was instantly in love with it.:smile:

However, on a closer inspection today i noticed that the front zipper is colour unevenly, some teeth of the zipper are darker, ykwim?
I don't know how it is supposed to be 'cos order all my Bbags via mail order. Wanted to know if it is common or my bag has a defect?

Please help!

I have the same bag and some of the teeth on my zipper are uneven in colour also, an
almost dark rusted look, only noticable on close inspection.
Personally it doesnt worry me.

Yes, I have the same issue on my Coquelicot RGGH Part-Time. Don't know why it is, and it isn't will all the rose gold bags, but many of them do seem to have an issue with tarnish. I'm not really pleased with mine, but have learned to just live with it. Not sure if anyone else has tried to eliminate it; personally, I think it might cause a bigger issue ...

I ordered my black city rh from Balenciaga.com (day before price increase) and I wanted to make sure I didn't want a RGGH one, so I went to NM but the one they had had a defect so they sent me one from the warehouse. I decided against the RGGH for a few reasons, and while the discoloration of the metal wasn't the main reason, it was certainly one of them. It's way too expensive a bag to have that kind of defect if you ask me.

My zipper teeth on my Town is a shinier more pinky rose gold than the rest of the hardware on the bag.

This is just oxidization, unfortunately, theres really nothing we can do and im not going to bother cleaning it cos it will probably just happen again over time.

A few ladies have come forward regarding the oxidation of their RGGH bags.. I've never been a huge fan of RGGH, though on a few colours, I really think it looks lovely.
If I was to score one with the tarnish problem, it would most definitely bother me.....

Thank you guys for the input! Decided to my Rggh anthra city 'cos it's a real beauty and hopefully i will get used to discoloration as it's not that obvious. I guess it would be really hard at this point to find a new RGGH anthra city and there's no guarantee if the zipper is different on a new city.

Thank you guys for the input! Decided to my Rggh anthra city 'cos it's a real beauty and hopefully i will get used to discoloration as it's not that obvious. I guess it would be really hard at this point to find a new RGGH anthra city and there's no guarantee if the zipper is different on a new city.

I have an Anthra RGGH and a Black Pencil RGGH with a smaller zipper of course. They both have the same discoloration. In some places darker than in others. However, this is of no concern as oxidation is never even in all places, so I guess it is a natural thing to see.

All my RG zippers had different colors on them from the moment I bought them new. I wouldn't worry. To tell the truth they don't bother me so I haven't tried to clean them or anything.