Rose gold or yellow gold wedding band?

Anabunny

May 25, 2020
I went to pick out wedding band today and this VCA location only had RG in stock. I took it so that I can match with my fiancé’s RG Toujour band. But I have always wanted YG toujour band, so I’m having second thoughts. I wanted YG because it’s classic and a bit more striking against my skin tone. Does this RG ring look like the right color on me? Also, should wedding band be on the snug side at first? Pls excuse my unmanicured nails.

Attachments

• 559FCA31-B116-4F8D-A132-F14F832CFFEF.jpeg
    559FCA31-B116-4F8D-A132-F14F832CFFEF.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Reactions: hhw
I think it looks fine on you, but I would choose the color of metal you like best and that will go with most of your other jewelry. As for size, will it be worn alone or with another ring? I wouldn't want it snug even alone, but anytime you wear two rings together, they will be slightly more snug. You may need to try the next size up.

Reactions: hhw and Anabunny
I think it looks fine on you, but I would choose the color of metal you like best and that will go with most of your other jewelry. As for size, will it be worn alone or with another ring? I wouldn't want it snug even alone, but anytime you wear two rings together, they will be slightly more snug. You may need to try the next size up.

I‘m attached to the idea of yellow gold cause it looks sharper on my coloring. The rose gold doesn’t pop on my skin but it looks subtle and elegant, maybe I will get used to it? I’m not planning to wear my engagement ring during the day, it’s not practical for my life style, I’m afraid to loose it. The band will be worn alone. The ring is not snug at all now, I surprised that during day and night my body/hands change in size?

Reactions: hhw and DS2006
Rings generally fit tighter in the summer. So if you have hot weather now, then the ring needs to be comfortable and not too snug. In the winter, it may be a little loose. You can always use a ring snuggie if necessary, but a ring really must be sized to fit when the finger is at it's largest. It is true that it can vary at different times of day, too!

The ring's color/size looks great on you. I wouldn't change a thing. And you don't have to match your hubby's ring - I see many couples do different ring colors/designs. We have different colors, and love it!

Reactions: Anabunny