Rose des Vents Jewelry Collection

cafecreme15

Jan 5, 2015
I just stumbled upon this collection today and fell in love! I'm considering requesting one of the necklaces for a graduation present, but would like to see any modeling pictures and reviews/opinions on the collection if anyone owns any pieces from it.

This is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. Do you mind my asking how much you paid for it? And if you know whether bracelet and necklace pricing are similar?

I haven't purchased it but it's on my wishlist for my birthday. I remember them being "reasonably" priced. Maybe $1400 for the bracelet and close to $2k for the necklace? I'll have to double check.

Reactions: averagejoe
I haven't purchased it but it's on my wishlist for my birthday. I remember them being "reasonably" priced. Maybe $1400 for the bracelet and close to $2k for the necklace? I'll have to double check.
Wow, that is reasonable! I was considering either requesting a rose des vents necklace or a Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra necklace. It seems like there is much more to this design for the price than with the VCA. The dark horse graduation gift request is the Hermes Heure "H" watch.

IMG_5338.JPG I love this collection too, but hesitate as it's a similar price point to VCA but I'm not sure that Dior fine jewelry will have the same staying power in my wardrobe. I love the turquoise, which is getting harder and harder to find via VCA. I tried on the ring, and absolutely loved it. It was around $3500 if I recall correctly.
IMG_5338.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 3702013 I love this collection too, but hesitate as it's a similar price point to VCA but I'm not sure that Dior fine jewelry will have the same staying power in my wardrobe. I love the turquoise, which is getting harder and harder to find via VCA. I tried on the ring, and absolutely loved it. It was around $3500 if I recall correctly.

The turquoise is stunning! That's the color I had my eye on as well. As far as your concern about Dior fine jewelry not having as much staying power in your wardrobe, do you mean that you think the Dior design won't be as classic as the VCA design? I love the VCA, but it's hard for me stomach paying those prices for a little bit of gold and mother of pearl (which is the Alhambra pendant I had my eye on as well).

Reactions: haddict1978
View attachment 3702013 I love this collection too, but hesitate as it's a similar price point to VCA but I'm not sure that Dior fine jewelry will have the same staying power in my wardrobe. I love the turquoise, which is getting harder and harder to find via VCA. I tried on the ring, and absolutely loved it. It was around $3500 if I recall correctly.
I recommend the Dior over the VCA because you're not as likely to run into someone else with it. If you prefer the style of the VCA more, then I recommend Louis Vuitton's Idylle and Color Blossom line instead, which I absolutely adore.

I'm afraid the VCA will get so popular that it'll be like the Cartier Love line. I know so many people who have it, especially the Love ring and bracelet. I rather have something more unique (just personal choice).

I recommend the Dior over the VCA because you're not as likely to run into someone else with it. If you prefer the style of the VCA more, then I recommend Louis Vuitton's Idylle and Color Blossom line instead, which I absolutely adore.

I'm afraid the VCA will get so popular that it'll be like the Cartier Love line. I know so many people who have it, especially the Love ring and bracelet. I rather have something more unique (just personal choice).
I actually prefer the Dior style to the VCA! It is more interesting and unique to me. If it is in the same price point as the VCA, I would definitely go for the Dior over the Alhambra. Now I just need to decide if I would prefer the necklace or Hermes Heure H watch.

Wow, that is reasonable! I was considering either requesting a rose des vents necklace or a Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra necklace. It seems like there is much more to this design for the price than with the VCA. The dark horse graduation gift request is the Hermes Heure "H" watch.

I could be off with prices but I know there's a range since some have diamonds. But I think they're so beautiful especially when stack with other jewelry (even from other brands!). I'm still hoping for a bracelet, maybe the blue one (lapis?).

I actually prefer the Dior style to the VCA! It is more interesting and unique to me. If it is in the same price point as the VCA, I would definitely go for the Dior over the Alhambra. Now I just need to decide if I would prefer the necklace or Hermes Heure H watch.

I like the H hour but I hate the idea of having to change the battery every two years (shhh...I work for H).

I agree. Where I live, VCA is so popular. I like the
Dior, especially since it's not a super identifiable as Dior.

I could be off with prices but I know there's a range since some have diamonds. But I think they're so beautiful especially when stack with other jewelry (even from other brands!). I'm still hoping for a bracelet, maybe the blue one (lapis?).
I love the ones with the one diamond in the center of the sunburst, like the bracelet you posted. The malachite is gorgeous, but I am also partial to the blues! The lapis or turquoise would be STUNNING. The design of this piece also reminds me for some reason of the golden age of Versailles, which is one of my favorite places in the world. Probably because the gold sunburst reminds me of Louis XIV and his Sun King emblem.

I like the H hour but I hate the idea of having to change the battery every two years (shhh...I work for H).
Wow, good to know. This is slightly off topic, but does the H heure take a regular watch battery or does it need to be sent away to H for a special battery? I feel like a watch would probably be a more practical gift for me at this stage of my life as I need a professional and understated gold-tone watch for work, but this Dior collection really speaks to me.

Reactions: averagejoe