Rose Clutch: Cutest Thing or Not?

Aug 24, 2006
SATC has got me thinking ... and Memorial Day has got me spendin' ...

Does anybody have (or had and returned) the Rose clutch?? I'm looking at it, and it's growing on me.

I do need a clutch for my cousin's black-tie wedding. My Linea Pelle Gillian is just too casual ... :P But is it $210 cute? And does it look silly when worn with the chain?

_DSC0230_full.jpg

I'd probably get the Violet, though. It's Northwestern colors!

I actually love the rose clutch, especially in dusty (but the violet is pretty, too). I've wanted to get one for a long time, but the only thing that held me back is the $295 price tag (that's what the dusty is listed at on RM.com). Since I know I'll only use it occasionally, I don't know if I'm willing to pay that much. I'll pay a lot for an everyday bag, but my clutches and evening bags don't get as much use, so it's harder for me to justify the cost. But that's just me.

I was hoping it might turn up at the Gilt sale, though, so there's always that. If not, I might have to bite the bullet and get it anyway. I have a vintage cross-body evening bag that's small and round like this and I love it, but it's more casual. I like the Rose because it can look dressy or casual, and you can wear it off the shoulder, cross body or wrap the chain around your wrist for a funky wristlet look.

So I give it a :tup:

If anyone has one, could you post a few pics? Maybe a modeling shot or two?

Last edited:
I do like it alot but would prefer a color that would stand out - violet, hot pink, red, etc. Not sure about the $210 price tag but I could see a person getting alot of use out of it. I could see it as a very handy everyday casual piece - to go to the market, hold change for laundry, etc. - but that's me.

I think the bag is cute in theory, but I think it would look akward and be rather impractical for me IRL. It is totally a bag I could see Carrie Bradshaw wearing in SITC and I would think it looks great on her, but I know I'd never use it myself. JMHO!!!!

^^ No opinions allowed! Only yes (wo)men!

Just kidding. Seriously, everyone's so helpful and I'm so appreciative. Diverging opinions are always listened to!

I'm almost tempted to get this instead:

18121-viewsize300-front.jpg

I'm not really a "clutch" girl -- I need something I can take to all these black-tie events and haven't got a clue!

I bought and returned the rose clutch in night. I like the bag but not on me. The chain isn't quite long enough for me with the bag hitting an awkward spot between waist and hip area. And the clutch by itself without the chain is a little weird. It is too fat (deep) to be handheld without a strap unless you plan to cradle it.

As far as a formal black tie wedding, I think the Rose is a little funky. It really is that downtown cool, not an uptown elegance.

I do like the MA clutch lots and lots, have you looked into that? It is the perfect crossbody bag, you can also shorten the strap to be a shoulder bag, and it looks great by itself without a strap. The bag is also big enough to hold a long wallet.

Last edited:
I don't like it with the strap long, but when I tried it on I doubled the strap and it looks way cuter hanging right under your shoulder.

The Morning After Clutch is wicked cute, too... And it looks good worn cross-body or without the strap.

^^ No opinions allowed! Only yes (wo)men!

Just kidding. Seriously, everyone's so helpful and I'm so appreciative. Diverging opinions are always listened to!

I'm almost tempted to get this instead:

18121-viewsize300-front.jpg

I'm not really a "clutch" girl -- I need something I can take to all these black-tie events and haven't got a clue!

I feel like everyone needs at least one Lauren Merkin clutch... A Louise, because they're a better day-to-night IMO. If you get a neutral color that you can wear year-round you really can't go wrong.