rosary necklace

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hi, everyone. i've been looking everywhere for a rosary necklace. i found one at tiffanys and i've fallen in love with it, but as i kept shopping around, i found some sterling silver ones similar in style for a quarter of the price, but i'm not sure about the craftmanship.

is the elsa peretti version worth it? do you have any suggestions or own one of your own? any comments, feedback, or pictures of yours would be greatly appreciated!

thanks! :heart:

[​IMG]

2. gosh that is a heavty price for the simplicity of the rosary. it is a gorgeous necklace though. i'm sorry i cant help you with suggestions of others

3. thanks, candypants. hopefully, i can find something just as gorgeous somewhere out there. haah.

4. I would try religious shops, I'm sure you can find more variety there.

5. i see its been a while but i am on the hunt for a rosary necklace myself and while looking i stumbled upon this....can anyone help me??? i am too thinking of buying the elsa peretti but not sure yet anyone have any ideas or background on the peretti??? or possibly a good place too look for another one just as beautiful...thank:heart:

6. i bought a really pretty sterling one from the cathedral gift shop in ala moana many years back... unfortunately i misplaced it. Last year, I was at Ross and they had several dainty sterling ones... i bought one to keep in my leather key holder. I think it was around $15. I'll see if i can get a pic later.

For the elsa peretti one, i'd suggest is going to the boutique and handling it. If you are going to use it for actual rosaries, you want something that will feel good in your hands, y'know?

7. thanks junkenpo for your thoughts...i really appreciate it but im looking for more of something i can wear as a necklace. i dont want anything too big and gaudy or with too much detail something simple and tasteful but statement making...i have been ripped off by ebay once and ill never do that again....

8. Its gorgeous.. but seems expensive for me.. even for Tiffany Silver. There silver isn't usually that pricey.

9. lily25 had a great suggestion with searching overstock... even found one that looks an awful lot like mine, though this one is much pricier.

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Platifina-28-inch-Rosary/3665818/product.html

I also really liked this one, and i like that it has the weight posted. I think mine is much much lighter.
    http://www.overstock.com/Worldstock-Fair-Trade/Sterling-Silver-Passion-Rosary-Necklace-Mexico/5724374/product.html

I'm also posting pics of my rosary, though I noticed I chipped the crucifix on mine (probably from riding in the coin pocket of my key holder). I also took some modeling shots, though not the most modest top as I'm slumming it sick at home. 2 close ups of the rosary, one of the natural drop length and one with it pulled higher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope that helps. :biggrin: