ROMPERS and JUMPSUITS- age limit?

ehc2010

O.G.
Sep 20, 2008
Now that spring and summer are around the corner, I am toying with the idea of either getting a romper/jumpsuit type outfit. I was wondering if any of you thought this look would be obscene/inappropriate past a certain age. There is definitely something very ingenue-ish and sexy about it! Hmmm!

I don't think there is an age limit, but I do think there is a body-image. Honestly, I cannot find Rompers that fit me properly. LOL I've tried and tried but no luck. There's always something that makes them look bad on me. I feel like they only look good on a select amount of people.

A lot of it depends on the length of the shorts/pants. I do think, however, that no one should be wearing the super short ones (and there, unfortunately, a lot of them out there). My favorite romper is actually from Target. Go figure.

I have a jersey one from Express last year. It's dark grey and it's something like the one I attached. I wore it in the summer on casual weekends with my gladiator sandals.

I also bought a silk one that is capri length (the pants are rolled up) and racerback. I think it will be nice with a tank underneath and some wedge shoes or some kind of heel.

Oh and I'm 30 but I still like to dress on trend! I really don't think it matters as long as if fits properly.

Attachments

• romper.jpg
    romper.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 9,904
A lot of it depends on the length of the shorts/pants. I do think, however, that no one should be wearing the super short ones (and there, unfortunately, a lot of them out there).

Why not? If you have the legs for them, and the shorts are completely covering your bottom, then I don't see any reason to not wear them. The super-short ones are more for the younger crowd, though, imo.

I don't think there is an age limit, but I do think there is a body-image.

COMPLETELY agreed! I'm 20 & don't think I'd ever wear rompers simply cause I'd feel they'd make me look stumpy (don't have the thinnest calves or long legs). If it's not the length of actual shorts-shorts, I'll look stumpy. I haven't tried on an actual romper yet, but we'll see.

Rompers look great on Kourtney Kardashian though, who's almost 31 & has an inch on me.

Why not? If you have the legs for them, and the shorts are completely covering your bottom, then I don't see any reason to not wear them. The super-short ones are more for the younger crowd, though, imo.

A lot of rompers barely cover the bottom...those are the ones I have issues with. IMHO, it just looks cheap/trashy. It could also be my age showing. Hee hee!!

I don't think age matters, as long as they look great on you. I owned a number of them, in shorts, & kapri lengths in jersey (very soft & comfy), denim & silk. I just love the way they look on, very casual, comfortable yet sexy in a subtle way. Though they're kind of tough when you need to goto the bathroom, because you need to take it all down, but that didn't really stop me from buying more.

I agree with all of you ladies. I am in my mid thirties and I live in my rompers/ jumpsuits. I dress them up with a blazer or down with sandals. So go for it, there so many styles to fit everyone.