ROMPERS and JUMPSUITS- age limit?

On a serious note, I'd be more inclined to wear jumpsuits. Some are quite nice assuming you have the right figure to pull it off (I don't). I really don't think anyone that isn't a baby/young toddler can pull off a romper though.

Romper/Playsuit:
61935indl.jpg

I just snagged this one (in a darker shade) on sale at Saks. Love it. Very 70s glam.

Had you told me 12 months ago that I'd be wearing anything that could fairly be described as a "romper," I'd have told you to lay off the sauce.

I'm crazy about rompers! I agree that there is no age-limit as long as you find one that fits your look and proportion. The key is to try on as many as possible until you find the right one. Rompers are in general for more casual occasion, while jumpers can be dressier. I have tried on jumpers that look like they can be worn to work with blazer or even to a party with jewelry and heels. However, I found a black romper with flower prints at the Miss Selfridge's sale last weekend that smacked of French charm. I felt totally sexy wearing it with a crossbody satchel bag and low heels (not to mention lace French underwear). My BF thot I looked really good in it.

But I also realised that I look less good with my other rompers when I lost weight, esp around the leg and bum area. So they may not be all for skinny girls. The key, again, is proportion.

I would draw the line at terry cloth rompers, esp the bandeau ones. They seem only suitable for the beach, or for teenagers. But other than that, go ahead and experiment!

Hhhmmm... rompers and jumpsuits have never appealed to me. I've never even tried one on. It seems like a younger style to me, but I wouldn't say that it's completely limited by age. Although, I used to say the same things about jeggings, finally tried on a pair, and fell in love with them.

I LOVE rompers. Not only are they cute theyre just absurdly comfortable, and you can just throw them on w/o having to worry about matching up a top. I bought two and I want another one lol.

Love jumpsuits!
Every season Stella McCartney does jumpsuits in silks, sequins, cashmere, jersey etc, etc - they're gorgeous and there's usually something for women of every age in her collections.

As for 'rompers'... :nogood:
They're too 'cute and girly' for me.

I think for the shorts type rompers that are out this summer, I'd say most people over 35 would probably look out of place wearing them. For all the pants styles and jumpers I don't think it matters if you have the body to pull it off.

I think for the shorts type rompers that are out this summer, I'd say most people over 35 would probably look out of place wearing them. For all the pants styles and jumpers I don't think it matters if you have the body to pull it off.

All of the clothes websites I go to (from Forever 21 to Saks) would beg to differ. That being said, rompers & jumpsuits aren't very popular in the very place, really.

Glad to see this thread, too. I have been considering a shorts-type romper and in the past I believe I have successfully worn a pants jumpsuit. I'm in my 30's so I'm a little nervous about the shorts, but I think it will look good for going out with girlfriends. I wouldn't wear it anywhere else though. This means it's likely a one-time-use item for me so I will just get a cheapy.

I agree that it's more of a body type than age limit. I'm feeling maybe the shorts-styles are less appropriate the older you get.

^^ Have you seen the INC one at Macy's? Super cute and on clearance for $40. not that I'm trying to enable ;)

I actually think rompers and jumpsuits look cute on anyone, of any age, provided they fit well and are worn properly. For example, I think a blazer compliments both and definitely can make it more 'age appropriate'.