Travel Romantic Getaway Ideas Within the Continental US?

pursemonkey

monkeyseemonkeybuy
O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
My DH and I are planning a 3-4 night getaway in early June. We've considered California wine country, the Florida keys, and a few other locales (all of which we're still very open to). Ideally we would love to find a spot with beautiful scenery, great restaurants and plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind together. Any suggestions on places and/or specific resorts/hotels/inns to stay at? TIA!

Napa/Wine Country in California! You can do wine tasting, dine at great restaurants (if you plan ahead, you can probably reserve a table at French Laundry), and you can find lots of cute bed & breakfast and hotels. Just make sure you rent a car.

Other restaurant recs are:
-Cyrus (French, and has been rated by Michelin, in Healdsburg)
-Bistro Don Giovanni (Italian, in Napa)
-Mustards Grill (American, in Yountville, the head chef appeared on Top Chef Masters)
-Taylor's Automatic Refresher (in St. Helena, they have the best burgers and shakes! And sweet potato fries.)

Yeah I would say Key West is your best bet. It offers a very exclusive feeling because you're literally at the end of the country and there's only one road that leads up to there so it will be a true getaway. They have sunset cruises on their glass bottom boat where you can see interesting fish and coral. Also, night life is pretty awesome. Their main street is filled with restaurants, bars, pubs and lots of shops. The landscape is just magnificent!

My DH and I are planning a 3-4 night getaway in early June. We've considered California wine country, the Florida keys, and a few other locales (all of which we're still very open to). Ideally we would love to find a spot with beautiful scenery, great restaurants and plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind together. Any suggestions on places and/or specific resorts/hotels/inns to stay at? TIA!

How about Charleston South Carolina :tup::tup:

Washington DC

Savannah

http://www.savannahvisit.com/

How about La Jolla, CA? It's perfect for a romantic escape - gorgeous beaches, great shopping, and delicious food! Last time I went there was just for a day trip, but my BF and I explored the cove, watched the seals, and had a romantic dinner at Whisknladle. A perfect day, I only wish the trip had been longer!

(then again, Napa sounds awesome, too! :tup:)

Napa/Wine Country in California! You can do wine tasting, dine at great restaurants (if you plan ahead, you can probably reserve a table at French Laundry), and you can find lots of cute bed & breakfast and hotels. Just make sure you rent a car.

Other restaurant recs are:
-Cyrus (French, and has been rated by Michelin, in Healdsburg)
-Bistro Don Giovanni (Italian, in Napa)
-Mustards Grill (American, in Yountville, the head chef appeared on Top Chef Masters)
-Taylor's Automatic Refresher (in St. Helena, they have the best burgers and shakes! And sweet potato fries.)

+1 - these are my top restaurants in wine country! I totally vote for CA wine country... it's magical. Check out Carneros Inn too - it's gorgeous!