Roman Polanski Accused of Rape

^ Yes I realize that, it’s just a matter of technicalities. They obviously have a problem on many fronts and haven’t acted preemptively... like ever. Ditching Harvey so quickly was a PR thing as much as anything else but not all cases are the same and there are rules to iron out possibly to avoid litigation and then there’s a voting board that needs to be dealt with.

From what I read they are considering a full range of scenarios, how they will handle other people who may not have as severe a case but are still problematic... i.e. Mel Gibson (though he’s still pretty bad), Casey Affleck and so on. Someone also brought up Nate Parker... not sure if he’s a member but that’s a tricky case.

Lol... I’m not quite sure why I’m defending them, I couldn’t care less about what they do but I only bring it up because I have read they are in deliberation on the issue, so expect something to happen sooner or later. There’s no way they can have another award show if they don’t.

http://people.com/movies/sharon-tate-roman-polanski-hollywood-couple/
Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski: All About the Complicated Hollywood Couple

028-roman-polanski-theredlist.jpg

Roman Polanski and actress Sharon Tate had one of the most infamous and tragic relationships in Hollywood history. Their complicated one-year marriage ended in horror in 1969 when Tate, who was 8½ months pregnant with the couple’s first child, was murdered — along with Jay Sebring, Abigail Folger, Wojciech Frykowski and Steven Parent — in a horrific stabbing at their Los Angeles-area home by followers of cult leader Charles Manson.

Manson, whose name became synonymous with evil after his arrest in connection with the 1969 murders of Tate and eight others, died of natural causes on Sunday night. He was 83 and serving a life sentence in California’s Corcoran State Prison at the time of his death, which was confirmed by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

“I said a prayer for his soul,” Sharon’s sister Debra told PEOPLE of the moment after she received a call from a prison official informing her Manson died.

Polanski’s short marriage to Tate is back in the spotlight in light of Manson’s death. Here’s a look back at the couple’s highs and lows.

Their Strange First Dates
The two were first introduced by producer Martin Ransohoff in the mid 1960s, who was attempting to help Tate snag a role in Polanski’s upcoming film. The actress relayed to her sister, Debra, that her and Polanski didn’t immediately hit it off, as revealed in the book Sharon Tate Recollection, compiled by Debra. According to the tribute, Polanski refused to talk to Tate on their first date. On the couple’s second excursion, he allegedly scared Tate by “storming” at her while wearing a Frankenstein mask.

Their Movie Together
After their bizarre introduction, Tate landed the role of Sarah Shagal in the Polanski-directed film The Fearless Vampire Killers. Polanski also co-starred in the film as Alfred, Tate’s romantic interest.

Their Rocky Marriage
Despite their less than idyllic meeting, the pair fell in love and got married on January 20, 1968 in London. Their marriage was riddled with wild rumors — ranging from infidelity to forced threesomes. Tate was reportedly deeply in love with Polanski, who was nine years her senior, but also extremely intimidated by the director. In the book Sharon Tate: A Life, one of Tate’s friends, Joanna Petter, said Polanski had a high level of control over his is wife. “He told her how to dress; he told her what makeup he liked, what he didn’t like. He preferred her with nothing, no makeup.”

In an introduction to Sharon Tate Recollection, Polanski recalled some telling moments from their marriage. “She was also a born housewife,” said Polanski. “Aside from cooking like a dream, she used to cut my hair, a skill acquired from [ex-boyfriend and hairstylist] Jay Sebring.”

Tate’s friend, photographer Shahrokh Hatami, also alleged in Sharon Tate: A Life that Polanski forced Tate to engage in threesomes with random women. “Sharon told me about Roman — about imposed sexual scenes on her,” Hatami said. “He was bringing other girls to have threesomes with Sharon, and Sharon didn’t like that he was picking up girls on the Sunset and bring them home to have sex with them.”

The director allegedly refused to sleep with Tate after she became pregnant with his baby in 1968, and urged her to get an abortion. When she protested, he left the U.S. for London and had an affair with Michelle Phillips of The Mamas & the Papas, author Ed Sanders wrote in Sharon Tate: A Life.

Her Murder
On August 9 1969, Tate, pregnant with the couple’s son, was murdered along with four others in the home she shared with Polanski. Tate and friends — Jay Sebring, Abigail Folger, Wojciech Frykowski and Steven Parent — were murdered as a part of the murderous cult-leader Charles Manson’s attempted plan to start a race war called “Helter Skelter.” They were each stabbed a dozen times and their blood used to write on the walls.

Diana Tate later recalled to PEOPLE what her father said about the crime scene: “He said in all his time in the military that he hadn’t seen such slaughter. And he cried.”

Polanski’s Response
Polanski was in London when he received the news that his pregnant wife had been killed. His friend Andy Braunsberg, who was with Polanski when he got the life-changing phone call, said the Rosemary’s Baby director was inconsolable. “He literally unravelled in front of my eyes,” Braunsberg said in Sharon Tate: A Life. “He disintegrated.”

Polanski confessed how Tate’s death still impacts him every day in Sharon Tate Recollection. “Even after so many years, I find myself unable to watch a spectacular sunset or visit a lovely old house or experience visual pleasure of any kind without instinctively telling myself how much she would have loved it all,” Polanski wrote. “In these ways I shall remain faithful to her till the day I die.”

tumblr_ou1jfb5Vmu1rldhmro4_1280.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/entertainment/bill-cosby-roman-pollanski/index.html
Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski expelled from the Academy

(CNN) Bill Cosby and Roman Polanski are no longer members of one of Hollywood's most important organizations.

The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, the group behind the Academy Awards, has voted to expel the actor and director from its membership, according to a statement from the organization which cited its conduct standards.

"The Board continues to encourage ethical standards that require members to uphold the Academy's values of respect for human dignity," a statement from the Academy read.

Cosby was found guilty last week on three counts of aggravated indecent assault. Although he is more strongly associated with television, Cosby was a long-time member of the Academy for his work in film but never won an Oscar.

He has starred in more than a dozen movies since the early '70s, including "Jack," "The Meteor Man" and "Fat Albert."

Polanski fled the US in 1978 after being charged with statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl. He has continued filmmaking in Europe. He won the Oscar in 2003 for directing the World War II drama "The Pianist."

Since producer Harvey Weinstein was expelled from the Academy in October, following allegations of sexual misconduct that Weinstein has denied, the group received criticism by some in Hollywood for not taking similar action with Polanski.

No additional information was immediately available about the pair being expelled from the Academy.

Separately Thursday, members of the American Advertising Federation's (AFF), a trade organization that recognizes professional achievements in the advertising industry, voted to rescind Cosby's induction into the Advertising Hall of Fame. The group also rescinded Cosby's President's Award, which was presented to him at the time of his 2011 induction.

According to the AFF, this is the first time members have voted to rescind an induction or award in its 69-year-history.

CNN has reached out to Cosby's representatives for comment.

What a horrible man. I hope France kicks his you-know-what back to a country where he would go to jail.

I have stayed in the 7th Arrondissement each time I went to Paris. I saw quite a few pics of him and what I assume is the owner of some small shops/restaurants in that district. I wonder if he lives in the 7th. I felt sick everytime I would see these photos.

https://people.com/movies/roman-pol...blasts-metoo-movement-as-collective-hysteria/
Roman Polanski, Who Pled Guilty to Rape, Blasts #MeToo Movement as 'Collective Hysteria'

Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski is taking aim at the #MeToo movement that sheds light on sexual misconduct, blasting it as “collective hysteria” and “total hypocrisy.”

Speaking to the Polish edition of Newsweek days before he was ousted from the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences along with Bill Cosby, Polanski made his opinion of #MeToo clear.

“It seems to me it’s collective hysteria, of the type which happens in societies from time to time,” the 84-year-old said, according to the Agence France-Presse. “Everyone is trying to back this movement, mainly out of fear,” the 84-year-old said.”

His comments mirror those of French actress Brigitte Bardot, who criticizedthe movement as “hypocritical, ridiculous and uninteresting.”

Polanski pled guilty to engaging in unlawful sexual intercourse in 1977 after 13-year-old Samantha Geimer accused him of getting her drunk and giving her part of a quaalude. He went on to serve 42 days in jail due to the plea bargain but fled the U.S. when ordered to serve the remainder of his 90-day sentence.

In 2009, Polanski was detained by Zurich police after the United States attempted to have him extradited to face charges relating to the decades-old rape case.

After fleeing the United States in 1978, he was detained in Switzerland, jailed and placed on house arrest for several months, until the Swiss government officially declined to deport him. Since then, Polanski has remained a fugitive. The case is still ongoing, despite his victim’s requests to have it dismissed.

The Pianist director spoke out about that rape accusation in a rare interview with The Hollywood Reporter in October.

“As far as what I did: It’s over. I pleaded guilty,” Polanski said. “I went to jail. I came back to the United States to do it, people forget about that, or don’t even know. I then was locked up here [in Zurich] after this festival. So in the sum, I did about four or five times than what was promised to me.”

https://people.com/movies/roman-pol...blasts-metoo-movement-as-collective-hysteria/
Roman Polanski, Who Pled Guilty to Rape, Blasts #MeToo Movement as 'Collective Hysteria'

The Pianist director spoke out about that rape accusation in a rare interview with The Hollywood Reporter in October.

“As far as what I did: It’s over. I pleaded guilty,” Polanski said. “I went to jail. I came back to the United States to do it, people forget about that, or don’t even know. I then was locked up here [in Zurich] after this festival. So in the sum, I did about four or five times than what was promised to me.”

What a complete sociopath. If he was not a talented director with a ton of money and like-minded wealthy friends, he would be rotting in some prison currently.