Roma or Campana as a 2nd BV?

lvlvlvlvlv

Sep 8, 2007
I am a new BV convert.. Fallen deeply in love with BV after getting my montaigne and lemming for a second one soon:biggrin: I am wondering which BV to get as my 2nd bv bag. Roma or Campana? I am also contemplating of waiting for the seasonal sales to get it at a discount. Which model is more likely to be on sales? Which bag is more worthwhile to get? WHich is more classic, better value, more of a head turner? I understand the great price difference, but m not going to let price be a concern for making the choice:biggrin: I love both, but not going to buy both.. Please share your choice :P

When you fall for BV, you fall hard :graucho:

The two styles are so different. Roma is more business-like, and the bag is heavier. Campana is casual, yet dressier than the Veneta.

Both bags usually go on sale in seasonal colors.

There is a new Nero Roma with gunmetal hardware.

Last edited:
Personally I'd vote for the campana since you already have the montaigne which is more of a hand held/elbow carry bag. The campana is great for both shoulder and hand carry.

I love my roma but I find myself reaching for my campana more. I find it more versatile as it can easily go from the boardroom/office to the weekend (assuming you are looking at a medium campana and not the large which gives off a much more casual vibe).

The roma is rather heavy too even without anything in it, if that is a consideration for you. But it is one of the best BVs for business.

Good luck deciding and keep us posted!

p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with one, or more, each someday. ;)

I told myself one bottega is enough, so I got a montaigne which can be used two ways- hand held and shoulder. However for unknown reasons, I am craving for more.. I dun have such feelings for other brands. I have the urge to trade all my LVs with bottega. I dun even look at Lvs now.. I used to call out Lv models name at figer tips. Now I dun even know any of the new models.

I am contemplating between the 2 because I want to stop at TWO (hopefully successful this time). So M thinking of getting the most high end model which is the roma, so that it might stop my craving, or to get a campana which is not so high end and may end up craving for more again :P

I am contemplating between the 2 because I want to stop at TWO (hopefully successful this time). :P

As most of us here would know...it's almost impossible to just stop at two... or three...:graucho:

I think it really depends on your needs. Getting a roma even though it's more expensive, if it doesn't fulfil your needs may still leave you craving for a campana. Just my 2 cents.

Haha, one BV is never enough. You should see the vintage BV's I have--I even have 2 red ones that are almost identical.

My first thought is to get the Campana since the one you already have is a hand-bag as is the Roma. I sound like a broken record but he Campana to me is just about the most perfect design in proportions, details, etc. I have more Venetas, but that's another story.

Can you try them both at a shop? That would be the best way to decide.

We expect a reveal:graucho:.

hmmm.. I am getting more confused as I looked at the bags today in the boutique. Now from 2 choices, I have 4 in mind. Roma, Sloane, Pyramid or campana? Oh my god...The SA kept asking me get Roma.. But Roma is really very ex! it cost SGD$5340 in SG! If I reali get roma, do u think i will stop BV? by the loook of it... seems not easy esp if I kept coming in here with all the BV addicts :smash:

I can't guarantee that you will stop buying BV, but the way I've found to slow down my personal buying is to focus on bags that:

1. Instinctively catch my eye and I can't stop thinking about them days/weeks later :love:
2. Are functional for my lifestyle :beach:

When I'm using the bags I have, my eye wanders less to what I don't have. Good luck!! :smile:

I agree with sngsk. It seems to me that the only reason why you're considering a Roma is because you think it might stop your craving because it costs so much. That logic doesn't work for me, and I'm not you--but I don't think it would appease you at all. If you don't have any other reasons to like it, don't get the Roma. You might just end up spending a lot of money and regretting not getting the style you really want.

All of the bags you're considering are what I would call expensive, and every one of them is worthy of your consideration. The most expensive does not always mean that it's the best choice. You even wrote in your first post that you're not going to allow price to factor into your decision--that works both ways.

Now, you say you're considering the Roma, Campana, Sloane, and Pyramid (by this do you mean the New Pyramid?). Anyway, except for the Roma, you're looking at shoulder styles, so that tells me that you're looking for something different than the Montaigne that you already own.

All three of them are very nice, and there are many, many threads of posters asking for opinions of Campana versus Sloane versus (New) Pyramid. You'll undoubtedly find them by doing a search of the board. In a nutshell, 2 straps versus 1? Clasp closure versus magnetic flap versus zipper? Hardware versus no hardware? Only you can answer these--some hate the flaps of the Sloane, but others find it more convenient. Some hate the 2 straps, others find it more convenient. Some hate the puffiness of the Sloane, but others adore the voluptuous shape.

Good luck deciding! This is a fun decision to make. You're lucky to have a boutique nearby so that you can try them all on and make an informed choice.

OP, like you, I recently purchased my first BV - medium Nero Campana. Absolutely love it. I tend not to carry a lot of stuff in my handbag and it is a perfect size for me. You weirdly start to stroke the leather because it feels so good, lol, etc. Never have done that with any of my other bags! So, I have also got caught up in the lust for this brand and just purchased a Nero Medium Veneta. Have not received it yet but can't wait to see it. I'm not familiar with the Roma but I LOVE the Campana. Have fun shopping!