rollerblading with Cartier Love!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
My DH just bought me a beautiful brand-new pair of roller blades. I haven't rollerbladed in 9 years. DH is convinced that I will fall and could break my wrist. So he also bought me velcro wrist guards. Now I'm worried about my Love bracelet! Should I take it off so it won't get dinged or scraped? What would you do? TIA! BTW, the wrist guard does not lay on top of my bracelet. It is about 1-2 inches too short to cover it. If my bracelet was a size 16, it would be protected. But because it is a 17 (which I love) it does go up my arm a little and is therefore not covered.

I don't know if you have time, but remember the wrist band (like the ones people wear for tennis) suggestion? I bet that would help. I found some on ebay. I won a bid for a set of two for $1. They showed up today and the shipping was $1.39, so I don't know how these wristband people stay in business, but I digress.

I think you should just wear it and enjoy it, if it gets dings and scratches its all part of the piece... don't let your jewellery hold you back from enjoying life or vice versa

Thanks! I think that wristband under the wrist guard is a great idea. It will probably hold bracelet in place. I'm afraid that my husband's doubts about my coordination may be true! He is usually correct on these things and I didn't want to hear - "I told you so". Maybe I'll just take off the bracelet the first time I go out. I really hate to remove it as it became a "part" of me!

Thanks! I think that wristband under the wrist guard is a great idea. It will probably hold bracelet in place. I'm afraid that my husband's doubts about my coordination may be true! He is usually correct on these things and I didn't want to hear - "I told you so". Maybe I'll just take off the bracelet the first time I go out. I really hate to remove it as it became a "part" of me!
You're not supposed to keep removing it... bad for the screws. I was told that if I wanted to keep removing my bracelet, then I should get a cuff that comes off every night.

Hi there Hokaplan! I think you should definitely wear the protective wrist bands. After all, if you fall and brake your wrist the medicals will probably cost more than a replacement bracelet. The love bracelet also has a special meaning and if it was given to you as a symbol of love and fidelity, I don't see a good reason to take it off either. Every scuff on such a sentimental piece is simply a recorded memory.

If you use the love bracelet as a fashion accessory more than anything and already swap it occasionally, I say you should take it off for the time being and have a blast. It sounds like it means a lot to you, though.

Happy blading!

I'd say that if you don't want to worry about your bracelet getting injured, just take it off and leave it at home so you don't have to be concerned about getting it dinged. Then once you're done, just slip it back on. I do it with my favorite watch because I'm anal about it when bowling, playing tennis, and roller blading.

I'm going to take off the bracelet. It needs the "cleaning while you wait" anyway. After I rollerblade a few times and hopefully see that I'm not clumsy - I'll put bracelet back on. I will definitely wear a wristband over it underneath the wrist guard. It will feel really strange for the week or so when I'm not wearing it. Perhaps I'll just wear my Cartier charity 2009 one alone.

I went to Cartier boutique today. My SA does not think I should do any type of cleaning on my bracelet. She removed it for me and gave me a beautiful red pouch. I feel so naked without it! After a few outings on my rollerblades, Love bracelet is going back on! I'm also getting the strong urge to buy the YG bangle and the baby trinity on the cord!