ROLEX-Rose or Yellow Gold???

Jan 6, 2008
Ok ladies, I've decided to take the plunge finally and get myself a Rolex. I want the 36mm datejust with jubilee band and fluted bezel and mop face with roman numerals in the two tone...the only question is...do I get it in ROSE gold or Yellow gold? I thought I wanted Rose, but I am having some doubts and would love your opinions. TIA!!

I got a rose gold Michael Kors watch and love it, apart from the fact that it's difficult to match with any other jewellery since most of mine is yellow gold. You can get away with silver jewellery with it but it does annoy me. I don't think rose gold is as easy to match statement pieces of jewellery with either if you're going out somewhere nice, and there are colours it just doesn't go with, like blue.

I also have a yellow gold mini casio from UO which I wear much more because I like to wear a bracelet and a watch.

Rose gold is really different, but it really depends what jewellery you wear most, and which colours you wear.

I have the same Rolex in YG except in 31mm midsize and diamond dial. I think you could go with either, which looks better on you? RG doesn't look good on me so I got YG.

I agree with chanel-girl. Rose gold is TDF but it doesn't go well with my skin tone. :sad: Also the yellow gold would match more of my jewelry wardrobe and since I would be wearing the watch frequently this would be a concern for me. That being said, rose gold done by Rolex is so beautiful!

Thanks so much for the input so far ladies! I have 2 Cartier watches, the mens Roadster and another one I forget the name of, it was gifted to me from my dad and I love it. They are both just stainless steel, so rose gold or yellow would be a welcome change/alternative. I am leaning towards Rose gold because most of my jewelry is white gold or rose gold. I also like that rose gold is more unique in that you don't see it as often in a Rolex. I am having a hard time getting my hands on this exact watch in the Rose however.... Thanks for your thoughts, keep em coming!!

Personally, get what you think looks best on you and what makes your heart sing! I got a YG Daytona last year, and even though RG seemed like the more trendy choice, the RG Daytona just didn't look right on me. For Christmas, DH got me a RG Day-Date, and the RG is some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I used to think no one could beat Cartier's RG, but reading about fading issues scared me. Those issues are non-existent with Rolex' RG. I am in love with my new RG Rolex! If you have a chance, go try on the watch you want in both golds and see which you prefer. If that's not possible, at least try on any YG and any RG Rolex to see which color you prefer on you. GL with your decision! The good news is, no matter what you choose, you know it's going to be stunning!

Personally, get what you think looks best on you and what makes your heart sing! I got a YG Daytona last year, and even though RG seemed like the more trendy choice, the RG Daytona just didn't look right on me. For Christmas, DH got me a RG Day-Date, and the RG is some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I used to think no one could beat Cartier's RG, but reading about fading issues scared me. Those issues are non-existent with Rolex' RG. I am in love with my new RG Rolex! If you have a chance, go try on the watch you want in both golds and see which you prefer. If that's not possible, at least try on any YG and any RG Rolex to see which color you prefer on you. GL with your decision! The good news is, no matter what you choose, you know it's going to be stunning!
WHAT! No pics???