Rolex owners: What do you have?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi! Yes it is :smile:

2. Thanks, your rolex fits perfectly. I like seeing some of the bracelet on either side of your wrist rather than just the face of the watch.

3. Business as usual. ;)

IMG_7459.jpg

Kind regards,
    Oliver

4. Ooh...Is that a green face?:nuts:

5. Hi!

I'm not sure where/how you got that impression - but the face/dial is black. Sorry. :smile:

Kind regards,
    Oliver

essiedub likes this.
  6. Your photo showed a hint of green in upper left quadrant of dial..I’ve been looking for a green dial piece so I got excited:P This is the explorer or submariner? I don’t know the models very well. ah well..Like the black dial also! And the Punch. And the H ashtray. Looks like you were having a moment:flowers:

the_black_tie_diyer likes this.
  7. #6442 May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Hey essiedub,

I understand! :smile: Sorry to disappoint then. The watch pictured is my 16570 Explorer II.

--

I have seen an almost neon, (emerald) green colored Explorer II. It's a customized variant of the current model Explorer II (216570) and was customized by Bamford. -> https://www.modaoperandi.com/bamford-r15/explorer-ii-scuba-with-emerald-green-dial

These typically don't receive much "love" in/around the watch collector world, up to facing down right "hate" especially from die-hard Rolex collectors. But they are out there & and can be a lot of fun.

I personally fell in love with the orange one: https://www.modaoperandi.com/bamford-r15/explorer-ii-scuba-with-bwd-orange-dial

I did consider buying one of the orange ones, but having had bad luck with customized/tinkered with watches I decided against it. I said it before, I consider Rolex to be one of the longest lasting mechanical time pieces, even holding up to harsh conditions if necessary, and I didn't get this feeling from these customized watches.

Add that Rolex won't service these, so you need to have a "free" watch maker at hand (the one I trusted retired ...) I didn't risk it. Not with a 20k price tag. If these had a 2 - 4k mark up, I would probably have bought it. But not at an 11k markup.

If you want green, there are options from Rolex directly (although not for the Explorer I/II) to "play it safe" :smile:

Kind regards,
    Oliver

8. IMG_7543 - Arbeitskopie 2.jpg

--

And a question for those currently in the market for a new Rolex (from AD), steel sport models in particular, are you seeing a noticeable decrease in availability?

I'm seeing hints, and have been getting notes "between the lines" that there are quite a few, very unhappy customers right now - at least in Germany. Wondering what the world wide situation is. (Please note, I'm talking about direct purchases from ADs only, not grey/secondary market)

Kind regards,
    Oliver

simons91 likes this.

9. yes, I've been looking for a sub. My name is on several lists. I think Rolex just does that to increase demand. I'm not in any rush so doesn't matter to me. I was in one store and asked if they had any. The sales person said they are very hard to come by but are you ready today? I wasn't so said no but had a strong feeling if I said yes, she would have gotten one from the back.

the_black_tie_diyer likes this.
  10. Thank you for sharing your experience with me! I hope you can get the Sub soon! :smile:

Kind regards,
    Oliver

11. Life is good.

IMG_7576.jpg

IMG_7579.jpg

nvie, chessmont and essiedub like this.
  12. They really outdid themselves on this catalog! (First time posting from my phone, hope this works out/ the pictures show)

D1DF8127-3B9C-493F-BB84-EFDE184DECE9.jpeg

F9370EA4-1241-4146-8995-B6E91F242BD6.jpeg

Kind regards,
    Oliver

nvie and chessmont like this.
  13. 35912332gq.jpg

35935340dd.jpg

Kind regards,
    Oliver

nvie, chessmont and essiedub like this.
  14. Just got my dream watch!

Attached Files:

taya19, megs0927, Gourmetgal and 9 others like this.
  15. Congrats, that is truly beautiful! Enjoy it!

Kind regards,
    Oliver

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice