Rolex owners: What do you have?

Really? A discount? How does one go about requesting a discount? That would be wonderful!

I'm hoping to get to the city in the next week or so and look for the first time.

I'd love to see pictures of your watch :smile:

If you scroll up you'll see photos! I shared earlier this year. I think feb or march. For discounts obviously you don't want to say hey I want a discount. You may want to couch it like this after they quote the price to you - would this be the best price available for this watch? Definitely do some comparison shopping. One AD I talked to said no discounts but several other ones said five to 15 percent. It depends on the watch and again where your AD is located. Again check out the Rolex forum website. There are many posts about getting a discount. Sales of Swiss watches are generally down and since the release of Apple watches i think Swiss watches have had a tough time. Even millionaires are jumping on the Apple Watch bandwagon. For me personally I like mechanical watches because you don't have to worry about recharging them every day like the Apple Watch. Best of luck and please share once you get your watch!

Hi,

Is it a new watch as in from the AD new, or new to you, pre-loved? If it's the latter, your first step could be to have it ultrasonic cleaned. (Please just the bracelet, not the watch/housing itself) From the imprint on your arm it seems to be a jubilee bracelet, and those love to store everything from dead skin cells to residue from soap from washing your hands, shower gel, creams ...

Actually a lot of people recommend to wash your Rolex while showering or while washing your hands. You can do that, but especially with the jubilee bracelets there's a lot of soap residue left you simply won't get out while the watch is on your wrist. So I always recommend to wash a watch with tap water and a soft brush. I have a designated toothbrush for this ;)

Do you use a moisturizing cream/sun cream? If yes, that's another source for the black residue. Try not to put it where you wear your watch and see if it still happens.

If you wear the watch while working out, sweat can be another highly contributing factor.

So I'd recommend:

1) Ultra sonic cleaning (only the bracelet!) if not new from AD
2) No moisturizing/sun/tan cream where you wear the watch (If watch came into contact with any of it, washing with tap water (no soap) and a soft brush.
3) After workout/heavy lifting, washing the watch with tap water (no soap) and soft brush.

Please try and see if any of this helps. :smile:

Kind regards,
Oliver

Thank you for your reply. It's from the Rolex boutique in Las Vegas so brand new. After reading all this I'm thinking it's from lotion and or sunscreen. I don't wear it working out but it's been hot and muggy lately where I live. I'll try not putting lotion on where I wear the watch but it's more high maintenance than I thought it would be. My chanel ceramics don't do this at all!

If you scroll up you'll see photos! I shared earlier this year. I think feb or march. For discounts obviously you don't want to say hey I want a discount. You may want to couch it like this after they quote the price to you - would this be the best price available for this watch? Definitely do some comparison shopping. One AD I talked to said no discounts but several other ones said five to 15 percent. It depends on the watch and again where your AD is located. Again check out the Rolex forum website. There are many posts about getting a discount. Sales of Swiss watches are generally down and since the release of Apple watches i think Swiss watches have had a tough time. Even millionaires are jumping on the Apple Watch bandwagon. For me personally I like mechanical watches because you don't have to worry about recharging them every day like the Apple Watch. Best of luck and please share once you get your watch!
Where is the Rolex forum website that you are referencing - on The Purse Forum?

I scrolled back and saw your watch - beautiful!!! I have been combing over the rolex forum for quite some time and it just so happens that one of the highly recommended sellers there had a less than 2 year old with 3 years still left on the warranty, 31mm, datejust, oyster bracelet, domed bezel and roman numerals! It is $2125 less than I would pay retail with tax so I went ahead an ordered it!!

I knew I wanted pink, oyster bracelet and roman numerals - I was kind of on the fence about the bezel but I don't seem to be too hard on things so I'll try not to worry about scratching it. I've had two apple watches and managed not to scratch those, so here's hoping... I think if I went with jubilee and fluted, the watch would scream Rolex, I just want mine to softly whisper Rolex, LOL!!

It is due to arrive in the morning!! Eeep!! So excited!!363d7889-b8fb-4f27-8e4d-994faef62951_zpsgeni9ccx.jpg

I don't know if we are allowed to post links here or not? It's rolexforums dot com
I think it's ok, I think I got the website location from TPF when I was looking for my watch. And if you think we're occasionally obsessed with handbags, just read what the Rolex forum guys (and they seem to be mostly guys) say about their watches. ;)

I had mentioned to my husband over a year ago that I wanted this watch, yesterday I came home and he surprised me with it. It is gorgeous and I couldn't be happier. Rolex Datejust with Jubelee bracelet, blue face with diamonds, 36. I like that the size, it doesn't look too feminine or masculine, I find it perfect!
Hi my dear @loveydovey35 Happy to see here too, Chanel love:wave: Wow Love the beautiful blue face! So sleek and stylish, 36mm look so powerful!!! :loveeyes: Gorgeous on you!!!!:girlsigh: Congrats :congrats:I love my Rolex so much ( 26mm ) and hopefully add second one ( 31mm ) in near future that's my next my wish list over than Chanel.... :rolleyes::heart:

Last edited:
I scrolled back and saw your watch - beautiful!!! I have been combing over the rolex forum for quite some time and it just so happens that one of the highly recommended sellers there had a less than 2 year old with 3 years still left on the warranty, 31mm, datejust, oyster bracelet, domed bezel and roman numerals! It is $2125 less than I would pay retail with tax so I went ahead an ordered it!!

I knew I wanted pink, oyster bracelet and roman numerals - I was kind of on the fence about the bezel but I don't seem to be too hard on things so I'll try not to worry about scratching it. I've had two apple watches and managed not to scratch those, so here's hoping... I think if I went with jubilee and fluted, the watch would scream Rolex, I just want mine to softly whisper Rolex, LOL!!

It is due to arrive in the morning!! Eeep!! So excited!!View attachment 3822688

Beautiful watch! Congrats!!

I see a lot of you wearing bracelets with your rolex in your modeling shots. Do you always wear bracelets with your watch? Do you worry about scratches to the watch (or bracelet)?

I have a beautiful David Yurman classic cable with morganite and diamonds that would look divine next to the DJ with pink dial, but I'm not sure I'm ready for scratches. I wear it with my Michele watch all the time, but is has the 2 chronograph buttons and the crown, so it doesn't really show scratches too much.

I don't really like to wear bracelets on my right hand, but I guess I could try to get used to it.

Has anyone had this happen to their wrist after wearing their watch? I have a new rose gold/stainless watch and this happens every time I wear it. I cleaned it as suggested and it's not too tight. It wipes off and it's not red or bumpy but it leaves a black residue every time wear it!View attachment 3821634

Do you have the habit of wearing hand cream all the way up your wrist? I notice whenever I'm using hand cream especially up till my wrist, I tend to get stains like these from my watches. Weird, I know!

Here's my Rolex yacht master! [emoji7][emoji7] The story behind it is rather funny. I first saw the 40 mm version during our Vegas trip and was telling DH he should try it coz I thought it would look good on him. But he in turn talked me into buying the 37 mm version for myself!! I'm glad it actually doesn't look that muscular as I first thought! I can see he's slowly turning me into a watch addict as well!

View attachment 3807506View attachment 3807507View attachment 3807508

That's one amazing choice of dial! I love it! You've single handedly changed my mind about this watch which I've always find too masculine. You rock this watch girl! :yahoo: