Rolex or Diamonds?

lulup

Sep 9, 2006
My DH has given me a very generous budget for Mothers' Day and I would love to seek your thoughts and advice on the two options that I have come up with, I am also very open to other ideas.

1. Rose Gold Rolex President. My current watch collection includes: 2 Chanel J12s, Rolex Ladies Yachtmaster, Rolex Midsize Datejust, Cartier Tank in the midsize, Chopard with 7 floating diamonds and a few other watches.

2. Upgrade my Engagement Ring - currently have a 3 carat F/SI1 with 1 carat side stones. I could possibly get into the high 4 carat range if I stay with a round, slightly larger if I go with another shape.

Thank you so much for your help and ideas...I just don't want to have any regrets down the road.

I'd upgrade the diamonds. You have a lot of nice watches already and you can only wear one a day, but your e-ring will be worn almost every day, therefore IMO you'll enjoy the diamonds more.

I agree, I would upgrade my engagement ring since you do have many nice watches already. Do you plan on getting a round cut or something else? With a 4ct stone, you have so many options! Happy Mother's day!

I think both your watch collection and ring are fine as is - I would go for something else, say another ring, or bracelet or necklace.

Thank you all for your feedback and thoughts, I really appreciate it.

I have been quite happy with my engagement ring and never really thought about upgrading it until presented with this gift. The only problem that I will run into is, it will be difficult to stay within the parameters of the color/cut/clarity combination. I have been looking at diamond prices and they have clearly gone up which will make my options limited. Also, I wear a large eternity band (7+ carats) and don't want the entire set to become over the top.

Besides watches and rings and my standard ear studs, I haven't really been jonesing for any other piece of jewelry. My standard necklance is the Elsa Peretti Madonna in platinum which I never take off.

I would like to try and "invest" in one piece instead of several different pieces...I just discovered the Cartier LOVE bracelet in pave diamonds which is simply amazing.

Ladies, thank you so much for your continued feedback. I love coming here and looking at all of your fabulous pieces...my husband is in awe of you all.

xoxo

Do you really want a bigger ring though?
Normally I choose diamonds . . . I'd go for a watch or awesome diamond hoops, tennis bracelet, etc. . .

Edited to add: Jhoshopgirl: If I do go the route of upgrading my diamond, would like to keep it as a round. However, there comes a point that rounds start to look not exactly right past a certain carat and I do not want to go there.

It sounds like you really want the Cartier pave diamond bracelet! I think it would compliment your watches and ring nicely. I saw it in the store the other day and it is absolutely stunning.