Rolex new Meteorite dial....what are your thoughts on it?

Which "Dial" & which "Size"???

• MID-SIZE datejust

• LADY datejust

• METEORITE dial

• Silver dial

• Black dial

• Jubilee dial

• Mother of Pearl Dial

Results are only viewable after voting.

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
I just saw a 31 mm Meteorite dial datejust (#178274) w/ diamond marker. (SS with fluted 18K bezel) The meteorite dial is pretty and different. It looks like someone has scratched the dial w/ her fingernails. :biggrin: The streak is metallic looking. Rolex said meteorite is not just a name & the dial is from real meteorite. No 2 meteorite dials are the same. Do you think it's a popular dial? In 20 years, do you think it will still be nice? I have seen pictures of the Meteorite dial in Daytona, but what do you think of this dial on the datejust???? Is it not feminine enough on the datejust with the diamond marker? I am looking for a my first rolex and do you think the Meteorite dial in datejust is the way to go? Or should I just get a silver dial, jubilee , MOP, or black dial? Lastly, ladies with a small wrist, do you wear a lady size or mid-size? My wrist is nearly 5 inches ...so I am not sure if I should choose a midsize or lady size. I have attached a picture of the datejust and the meteorite dial.
jomashop_2062_123410844

picture.JPG

3586957585_ccf29f0e1c_b.jpg

Ladies: Your opinion is very important in helping me pick my dream watch!!

Last edited:
I have not seen the meteorite dial in person, but from the photos I am not a big fan. The concept is cool, but I think a MOP dial is much more beautiful on a Rolex. I will vote for midsize, too...there is a movement toward larger watches, and it is easier to read the larger dial. If you feel that is too big, I would only do the ladies' size in a TT jubilee. Good luck! It is hard to decide on your first Rolex!

Oh and my wrist is 5 1/4", I got a submariner which is 40 mm because I just find them a little more modern. :yes:

I'd go with at least a midsize !

I LOVE it! They released this combo on the 31mm right after I got my rose gold MOP dial :sad: I actually would've picked this watch instead of what I got, given the opportunity again. I really think the pictures just don't do the meteorite justice- it has a lovely sheen irl.

I LOVE it! They released this combo on the 31mm right after I got my rose gold MOP dial :sad: I actually would've picked this watch instead of what I got, given the opportunity again. I really think the pictures just don't do the meteorite justice- it has a lovely sheen irl.

Hello, Missrock: Do you know when they release this combo? (approx) I think MOP is still very pretty & it's a classic for sure & will last & look good for many many years. So I still think you make a good choice. lol...The meteorite is too new & not many people like it yet. ;)

The meteorite dial is different for sure, and very eye-catching! Personally though, I would still get a MOP dial, but that's just me. I have the Lady DJ (26mm) with the rose MOP dial which I adore. I want another in the 31mm size, with a diamond bezel (dream!) :biggrin:

Now, if I had a ton of watches already and covered the basics, I'd get the meteorite!!

Seen the Meteorite dial but like many, still prefer the mother of pearl dial. Although the trend now is midsize but I still like lady size.

Hello, Missrock: Do you know when they release this combo? (approx) I think MOP is still very pretty & it's a classic for sure & will last & look good for many many years. So I still think you make a good choice. lol...The meteorite is too new & not many people like it yet. ;)

I'm not positive on an exact date, but I'm pretty less than two years ago. Thanks for the compliments and good luck with your choice.

I voted mid size,I think it looks great on girls! I also went for the silver dial,I have seen a silver dial with diamond markers and it was extremely beautiful!
However,mop and diamonds is the ultimate classic.I like the meteorite,I have seen it on w/g Daytona's before and I do really like it as a dial material,its different,but not too 'out there' or difficult to tell the time with from being too fussy.
I think any of the options of dial choice you have given would be just gorgeous,I tend to lean towards silvery dials,but that' just me.

Good luck and have great fun choosing!!!