Rolex: Fancy or Sporty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ladies,

I am thinking about making my first Rolex purchase in the upcoming days. One thing I have been wondering is which bezels look best with which bands. Is there a traditional combination (ie fluted bezel with jubilee band, or smooth bezel with oyster band), or can you really mix them as you like?

I don't really have any friends with Rolex watches so I don't really know who to ask, and I don't want to ask the jewelry store people because I think that often they will answer whatever is more costly.

Just wondering what you ladies have for your Rolex.

I am thinking about the ladies with a pink face, date, and possibly the 18K fluted bezel + jubilee.... or maybe with the smooth bezel... or maybe with the oyster bracelet...

Any advice/experience or even pictures would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Do any of you ladies have the fluted bezel with the oyster band, or the smooth bezel with the jubilee bracelet?

I am still not sure about the midsize vs. the ladies. I think that maybe with a pink face, the ladies looks better, but if it were a more sporty/mens-y style it would be better in the midsize. Any thoughts on this too?

I think I saw a mid-size with a pink face. I believe the pink is more of a salmon color.I've also seen jubilee bracelet with smooth bezel - I have not seen oyster band with fluted though.

I have the ladies datejust, oyster bracelet with plain bezel and pink face, and while I think it is more casual than the other options, I think it is in a good, minimalist way. I personally don't like the other rolex band styles as I think they are too fussy for my taste.

Regarding the size, the only way to know is to try them on before you by.

I think you have to just go with what appeals to you the most. The jubilee band seems more dressier in my opinion and the Oyster band seems more sportier. Try several on and see which watch style "pops" the most on your wrist!!! I was able to purchase both of my Rolex's from Ben Bridge and paid for it in 12 months with zero financing. Tourneau has a zero finance/credit option as well that you may want to check out.

I have a men's white faced with fluted bezel and jubilee which belonged to my dad. My dad's watch is from the 1980's - I think?

My first Rolex that I purchased was the ladies size with a fluted bezel with jubilee band and the salmon/pink face with Roman numerals. I really love the Roman numerals on a Rolex for some reason!!! And I love the salmon/pink face! Very feminine! This watch is probably 4 to 5 years old, so I have the older jubilee bracelet instead of the nicer jubilee bracelet that has the hidden clasp. I wore this watch every day until I got my 2nd Rolex, so now I just alternate Rolex watches depending on my outfit. Ironically, once I got my Rolex, I stopped wearing all of my other watches that I had in my collection (Hamilton, Seiko, Fossil, etc.) I feel guilty sometimes not wearing my other watches, but I love my Rolex so much that I just want to wear them all of the time!!

My second Rolex that I purchased is the blue-faced mid-size with smooth bezel and Oyster bracelet with Roman numerals which definitely looks sporty but I think the Roman numerals dress up the watch! I love the mid-size and I think I would buy another mid-size if I ever purchased another Rolex. This watch is only 1 years old.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Last edited:
Mine is a mid-size, oyster bracelet with a smooth bezel. I find the fluted bezel/jubilee bracelet a bit too dressy and looks a bit too mature on me. I like the sportier look for daytime for my watches.

I have ladies size, pink face, smooth bezel, oyster bracelet. have had it for about 6 years and wear it just about every day. I think the jubilee bracelet is a bit "mature" looking. this watch dresses up or down, the only thing I would change is to go up to the mid size, the ladies size is very dainty looking.

I have a ladies size fluted bezel, white mother of pearl diamond dial with jubilee bracelet. I agree with what others have said that the osyter bracelet and smooth bezel add a sporty feeling to the watch while the fluted bezel and the jubilee bracelet have a more classic, possible slightly dressier look. You definitely need to go and try on the different styles and see what you like best. Also, Rolex updated the jubilee clasp making it more solid and it has a hidden clasp and it is also much chunkier then the older ladies's size. I compared the older ladies size with the new model when I bought mine last Oct. and the older model looked much more "delicate"

Hi! I have the datejust with the fluted bezel and jubilee band. I have had it for 15 years and have had the face changed 3x. First was black, then champagne, now ivory. My suggestion is to get what you want now, then change it up after you've worn it while.

121220066749te1.jpg

12192006111ng0.jpg

Here's mine, it's a pink/rose mother of pearl dial, arabic markers, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet. The mop dial changes color depending on the light. In the first picture it is more of a cream, in the second it is slightly more pinkish!

ETA: I love the combo of the oyster bracelet with the fluted bezel. It isn't too mature-looking like the jubilee with fluted bezel, but it looks more dressy than the oyster with the smooth bezel.

Last edited:
Sorry for the dark photos. Mine has the fluted bezel, jubilee band, and logo design w diamond markers for the face. I love it although now I want a vintage gold watch...ugh.:wtf:

Attachments

• DSC04003.jpg
    DSC04003.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC04004.jpg
    DSC04004.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 358
121220066749te1.jpg

12192006111ng0.jpg

Here's mine, it's a pink/rose mother of pearl dial, arabic markers, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet. The mop dial changes color depending on the light. In the first picture it is more of a cream, in the second it is slightly more pinkish!

ETA: I love the combo of the oyster bracelet with the fluted bezel. It isn't too mature-looking like the jubilee with fluted bezel, but it looks more dressy than the oyster with the smooth bezel.

I think this is my dream watch! Is it a midsize? I looooove it and I do like the fluted bezel and oyster bracelet combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.