Rolex Datejust: Restrained and casual, or a little more dressy?

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Kind watch people: I'm getting close to making a final decision on my first Rolex, which will be for everyday and social events in the evening (except something very formal). I'm down to two, with very different "DNA": one is sporty/casual, and the other is more blingy/dressy. Either works just fine with my lifestyle, and I was settled on the fluted/Jubilee (having tried it on and it was instant love) until I saw the other and liked it too.

I've added a couple of pics from the net (not showing my own hand modeling), but I'll be buying from an AD. Both are 31mm (midsize) and in steel with white dials. One is WG fluted bezel, white dial with roman numerals, and jubilee bracelet. The other is domed bezel, white dial with stick markers, and Oyster bracelet (unfortunately I could only find a pic of the domed with stick markers on a jubilee bracelet, but I do mean it on an Oyster).

Which do you like more?

Attachments

• 31mm Smooth Bezel white Datejust.jpg
    31mm Smooth Bezel white Datejust.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 5,734
  • jomashop_2130_71871492.jpg
    jomashop_2130_71871492.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,560
Thanks, H. Readability is a big factor in my liking the white dial. Do you find your rhodium very readable? I was assuming the silvery tone (which is gorgeous) might be less contrasty.

I'm all for restrained and sporty. I have the model you're looking for (midsize, domed, white with stick, oyster), I can post a pic tomorrow for viewing purposes.

Edit:
Found a pic on my laptop...:smile:
IMG_6056.jpg

Last edited: