Rolex Datejust - MOP or not?

Hi there,

my husband is going to get me a Rolex for my birthday. This will be my one and only Rolex (at least for a long time) so I have been trying on so many different Datejust models in the past 6 months.

I am definitely sure I want:
- two-tone: steel/everose
- size: 31
- fluted bezel
- jubilée bracelet
- diamond markers

The only thing I am still unsure about is the dial. I was pretty sure I wanted the silver dial, however, I saw the white MOP dial a week ago and I can´t get it out of my head anymore.

I really need your help making that last decision... What do you all think? I am not a very sporty person, but very classic as far as my style is concerned. I am 33 years old, on the one hand I love the sparkle of the MOP, on the other hand I wonder whether the MOP is for older ladies.

I am so much looking forward to your answers!!!

Greetings from Switzerland :smile:

Hi there,

my husband is going to get me a Rolex for my birthday. This will be my one and only Rolex (at least for a long time) so I have been trying on so many different Datejust models in the past 6 months.

I am definitely sure I want:
- two-tone: steel/everose
- size: 31
- fluted bezel
- jubilée bracelet
- diamond markers

The only thing I am still unsure about is the dial. I was pretty sure I wanted the silver dial, however, I saw the white MOP dial a week ago and I can´t get it out of my head anymore.

I really need your help making that last decision... What do you all think? I am not a very sporty person, but very classic as far as my style is concerned. I am 33 years old, on the one hand I love the sparkle of the MOP, on the other hand I wonder whether the MOP is for older ladies.

I am so much looking forward to your answers!!!

Greetings from Switzerland :smile:

I am sure I'm in the minority, but I really don't like MOP (don't shoot me!!). I just think it looks really busy & distracting. A busy dial AND diamond markers which flashes colours & sparkle is just a bit too much IMO. I went with the diamond markers & silver dial because I felt the dial allowed the diamonds to take centre stage. However, many on TPF covert MOP so I'm sure they will give you their opinion too!

Also, the rose & steel will look beautiful :heart:

I am sure I'm in the minority, but I really don't like MOP (don't shoot me!!). I just think it looks really busy & distracting. A busy dial AND diamond markers which flashes colours & sparkle is just a bit too much IMO. I went with the diamond markers & silver dial because I felt the dial allowed the diamonds to take centre stage. However, many on TPF covert MOP so I'm sure they will give you their opinion too!

Also, the rose & steel will look beautiful :heart:

Thank you for your opinion, but actually it is also my concern that it will be too busy (and also too expensive ;) )

Rolex advise:
1. Lady: buy used -> Lady slightly used = man almost broken used ! Lady rolex won't hold value.
2. Buy Steel Sport watches -> Submariner, Daytona etc. you can buy new or used doesn't matter -> keep everything box, papers etc!
3. Bi-Colar is ugly. (my opinion) and very hard to resell (fact) go either full gold or steel
Regards

I prefer the silver/white mop, however I was told by the SA at Rolex that the mop will change color due to exposure to sunlight, mostly to the gray/green color, which I hate. Plus it is more expensive than the regular dial. Therefore I highly recommend the regular silver dial.