Rolex Datejust II, 41 mm; Too big for petite lady?

tae

O.G.
Sep 12, 2008
Hi every one! I've always been a Rolex girl; started out with a Lady Datejust and from then on continued with a Mid size.
But now I want to go bigger and have been thinking to maybe go really big! I believe a regular men's size is 36? So do you think a 41 mm will be too big (I have a 14 cm wrist). Is there anyone here who owns a 41 mm or has seen/tried one on? TIA! :biggrin:

I tried the Mid, 36, and 41. The 41 felt huge on me and looked off. The mid felt too dainty ( I have the mid yatchmaster which is a bit larger). The 36 felt just right.

^^Thanks Rockerchic; I always thought a Mid size would be big enough after wearing the Lady size, but after wearing it one year it certainly feels too dainty, like you said. I will also consider a 36.

Thank you all so much for your advice! I was afraid that it might be too big like all of you suggest. Maybe it's better to focus on the 36 mm then. I will have to go and try it out of course, but wanted to know your opinions first.

I love big watches so I love the 41 mm. I really don't have an opinion for you because I haven't seen one on you.

In the end though I think it is all about what you, and not us!

Tooooooo big. Not only is the face becoming "fashiony," but think about how tall/deep a watch gets when you go up in size. Thicker means more likely to smash into things.

Thanks again every one for your suggestions :smile:!!! I'm going to try to visit my watch store soon and see if the 41 mm will look ridiculously big on me. And of course compare it to the 36 mm. My watch is the only jewelry that I wear every single day, so it's very important to get it right :thinking:

36mm is the largest I would go. My wrist is about 5 inches. Here is the visual for you and hope that helps:smile:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DJ.JPG
    DJ.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,747
  • DJ1.JPG
    DJ1.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 3,175
Last edited:
I have a midsize. Do not get 41 mm. It does not look right It used to be in fashion but not anymore. It looks like you are wearing you dads rolex. Jewelry is like clothes, if its too big it doesn't look right. I am petite and mine is 31 mm.