Rolex Datejust 28 vs 31 (with try on pics) really need opinions ❤️

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Hi everyone!!

yet another thread I know on this but hoping that I can get some opinions here

I want to get a daily watch so am deciding btw these two sizes probably will go with everose gold with steel - jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel but just have not decide to go with diamond markers or not plus the size!

here are a few pics on my wrist which is pretty small.. first one is 31. I plan to wear it with my VCA and maybe another tennis bracelet.

Thanks!!

93410508-7C46-411E-9309-2B9002BF1B41.jpeg37C870AC-7939-41EE-865E-A9DA8B20B3FB.jpeg47BF22B7-4B20-4915-87A3-1A9BCDDF117E.jpeg

Reactions: smile10281 and Lux.
My personal opinion... I don't like the diamond markers + MOP + gold two tone. It just looks very busy! On all those options I like the 3rd one the best. :smile: I'm more of a minimalist though.

Size-wise I like #2 but not sure which size that is... 28? I think that looks well proportioned on your wrist.

• Love
Reactions: minami
I vote for picture #3! I am biased though because I just picked up my new Rolex today. Datejust 31 gold/silver jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel, white face, roman numerals. I am in love.....

• Love
My personal opinion... I don't like the diamond markers + MOP + gold two tone. It just looks very busy! On all those options I like the 3rd one the best. :smile: I'm more of a minimalist though.

thanks so much!! I like the 3rd one too! But currently waiting to see if more combos come in..stock is pretty low here.But I do want RG plus steel, jubilee, and not sure if I’ll go got Roman numerals or just diamond markers on a white or light pink (no mop) face

Size-wise I like #2 but not sure which size that is... 28? I think that looks well proportioned on your wrist.

thanks so much!! I like the 3rd one too! But currently waiting to see if more combos come in..stock is pretty low here.But I do want RG plus steel, jubilee, and not sure if I’ll go got Roman numerals or just diamond markers on a white or light pink (no mop) face
yup thats 28 ♥ Thanks
I agree its somewhat busy. I'd rather see the MOP dial with plain bezel and no diamonds. but it's not for me, its for you. either size looks ok to me but probably the smaller it better.

yup agreed, not going for that combo but just trying on diff combos ❤️
I think that the 28 is better suited for your size wrist.

thanks!! ♥
I vote for picture #3! I am biased though because I just picked up my new Rolex today. Datejust 31 gold/silver jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel, white face, roman numerals. I am in love.....

thanks and congrats on your new watch!! ❤

• Love
Reactions: denmama
yup thats 28 ♥ Thanks

yup agreed, not going for that combo but just trying on diff combos ❤

thanks!! ♥

thanks and congrats on your new watch!! ❤
Good luck with your selection and let us know what you decide!

• Love
I’m in the minority but I love the MOP with diamond markers. I never understood before the appeal of the MOP face (big price diff) but recently I have come to appreciate the beauty. If you end up with a plain face I think you should def get diamond markers, need a little pop of bling! If budget is not a concern definitely do it!

I’m in the minority but I love the MOP with diamond markers. I never understood before the appeal of the MOP face (big price diff) but recently I have come to appreciate the beauty. If you end up with a plain face I think you should def get diamond markers, need a little pop of bling! If budget is not a concern definitely do it!
Thanks! I’m definitely open to diamond markers just waiting for more stock now lol
Actually I’m slowly liking mop too at first glance I didn’t

I like the 3rd watch style but you could wear either size. Never been a fan of MOP and it looks especially busy with bracelets on the same wrist. Honestly, that bracelet doesn’t work all that well with watches. But then, I’m not a fan of any bracelet on the same wrist as a watch.

• Haha
I really love how the 3rd one pairs with your VCA bracelet!! Stunning combination!
I think the 3rd watch is the best option if you plan on stacking it with other jewelry. It has less going on so it won't compete for attention as much.

Last edited:
  • Love
I like the 3rd watch style but you could wear either size. Never been a fan of MOP and it looks especially busy with bracelets on the same wrist. Honestly, that bracelet doesn’t work all that well with watches. But then, I’m not a fan of any bracelet on the same wrist as a watch.

Thanks!! I don't know, I even thought of wearing my watch on my right wrist as I really want to wear my VCA on the left haha

I really love how the 3rd one pairs with your VCA bracelet!! Stunning combination!
I think the 3rd watch is the best option if you plan on stacking it with other jewelry. It has less going on so it won't compete for attention as much.

thank you!! yup I will be stacking but still not sure but actually you're right! I am waiting to try on one with a pale pink face with diamond markers (MOP is rather shiny). Hope it arrives soon :smile:

Reactions: Gourmetgal
Hi everyone!!

yet another thread I know on this but hoping that I can get some opinions here

I want to get a daily watch so am deciding btw these two sizes probably will go with everose gold with steel - jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel but just have not decide to go with diamond markers or not plus the size!

here are a few pics on my wrist which is pretty small.. first one is 31. I plan to wear it with my VCA and maybe another tennis bracelet.

Thanks!!

View attachment 5012333View attachment 5012335View attachment 5012336
I like the larger one on you :nuts:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and minami