Rolex dark dial vs light dial

Rolex dial dark vs light?

• Total voters

Hq8

Aug 31, 2019
Hi
Which one to go light or dark dial what do you prefer black or lighter dark like blue green and gray.
Or light dial white mother of pearl
White, light gray,...
And if you can tell me why you choose 1 or 2... Best wishes

I have white and rhodium, so I suppose I lean towards light faces. Somehow, I don't care for the mother of pearl though. If I ever pull the trigger on a third one, I will probably go with a black face (and likely a bit larger in size) for variety. Keep in mind not all face colors are available for all models, so I think you need to decide on the model first. GL
1600978325946.png

Reactions: Hq8
I have white and rhodium, so I suppose I lean towards light faces. Somehow, I don't care for the mother of pearl though. If I ever pull the trigger on a third one, I will probably go with a black face (and likely a bit larger in size) for variety. Keep in mind not all face colors are available for all models, so I think you need to decide on the model first. GL
View attachment 4858107
Yes 2020 few choices but what do you think if number diamond which dial better dark or light.

If wearing it long term is a factor, contrast between the markers and the face would be high priority for me, since the face may be more difficult to read as you age. So, if you're getting the diamond markers, they would really pop on a medium to dark face. I've read here that mother of pearl is more difficult to read because it's a bit busier than solids. My TT SS/RG with chocolate face is a really stunning combination.

Reactions: etudes and Hq8
If wearing it long term is a factor, contrast between the markers and the face would be high priority for me, since the face may be more difficult to read as you age. So, if you're getting the diamond markers, they would really pop on a medium to dark face. I've read here that mother of pearl is more difficult to read because it's a bit busier than solids. My TT SS/RG with chocolate face is a really stunning combination.
I will attach images of 2020 dial colors for size 36 so easy to compare which is more classic attractive

Screenshot_20200925_155540_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_155538_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_155535_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_155531_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_155528_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_155526_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_155524_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_155518_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_155514_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_155511_com.android.chrome.jpg

View attachment 4858107
I like rhodium

White with romans, silver with romans or black would be my top 3 choices. At first I dismissed the black, but started thinking that if you wear black a lot (or other black accessories) and/or have dark hair or eyes, the black would be striking. IMO, the black looks most formal of these three. My YG has a silver dial, yellow romans, diamond 6, and it's not difficult to read compared to a champagne dial. I think all 3 of my top choices are classic, timeless combinations. Isn't it fun to design your watch on the website? So much of this decision is personal preference and style. There is no wrong answer! Have fun choosing!

Reactions: youngster and Hq8
White with romans, silver with romans or black would be my top 3 choices. At first I dismissed the black, but started thinking that if you wear black a lot (or other black accessories) and/or have dark hair or eyes, the black would be striking. IMO, the black looks most formal of these three. My YG has a silver dial, yellow romans, diamond 6, and it's not difficult to read compared to a champagne dial. I think all 3 of my top choices are classic, timeless combinations. Isn't it fun to design your watch on the website? So much of this decision is personal preference and style. There is no wrong answer! Have fun choosing!
i ordered mother of pearl and black waiting list 4 months or more ;(

The most important thing I have found in dial color is contrast with the hands. I had a champagne colored dial and gold hands once and would constantly misread the time b/c I would mistake the second hand for the hour hand. Seriously. Now I have a black face (Submariner) and that has never happened. Legibility is good.

I think it entirely depends on how it looks on your wrist and what you like the best! Having said that I think the white/silver/rhodium are neutral and fairly easy to read in terms of contrast with the numbers/diamonds. I love the white mother of pearl as well but it is an additional cost unfortunately. Best of luck with your decision-they are all beautiful! I don't think you can go wrong

Reactions: Hq8