Rogue Quality Issues w Hardware

Loco4Coco

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
has anyone had any problems with their gunmetal hardware shipping off? If so, did coach do anything about it? I just bought a rogue used and noticing the colors coming off the hardware. Not sure they'll do anything since I didn't buy it New from the store?!?

My guess is they will fix it for free, but you wont get a store credit if Coach can't fix it. I bought a Rogue on eBay and had an issue and they fixed it for free. The sale person does know me and I said, I bought it on eBay and she said it does not matter. Though I think YMMV on telling a sales associate the bag was bought on eBay.

Last edited:
I've had a few with gunmetal hardware chip/scratch. The yellow/ostrich ($1200), and the green. So disappointing, because both colors I definitely want to keep. I don't think it's something they will repair - rather offer you full credit back, or let you keep the bag, and offer 30 or 40% off a bag of your choice (Rogues included). Regardless of where you bought it, I think Coach should stand behind their merchandise. Unless you have an established relationship with a store, I would call Coach customer service (during the day, so you actually get the corporate offices), and find out what they're willing to do.
I think Coach needs to stop using the gunmetal hardware until it's perfected. They've had many problems with it over the years. Until then, I'm sticking to the brass hardware on the 1941 line.

I've heard about this from some of you, and it was a reason I bought the 1st edition black with brass. It annoys me a bit that Coach doesn't make some with brass hardware. Sorry this is happening. I plan to check my 36 from time to time for this.

It happened to my chalk Rogue as well. I only carried it twice. My local store immediately offered to take it back for a full refund. I still miss that bag. If I had been offered a discount I would have taken it.
I'll have to keep checking my 1st generation Chalk Rogue. I have not noticed, but I put it away for the winter.

Anyway, I prefer the brass hardware, so I have not purchased a new Rogue because most of them have the gunmetal hardware.

Mine is on the hooks, but it's my first coach purchase and I don't think I could let it go.
View attachment 3551682

This is exactly where mine is chipping. In addition, I have chipping on the little bar that moves up and down to open the clasp. It doesn't really bother me, but it's ridiculous to have this happen when I don't even use those straps! If the hardware on the bag itself starts to chip, I will bring it in. I love this hardware, just wish Coach would have perfected it before putting it on an $800 bag.

Reactions: Kidclarke
I just received the purple tea rose dinky 24 from coach. It came factory wrapped but the chain strap looks like it has rust on it. I can scrape off the residue with my fingernail. How is this even possible with a brand new bag? The hardware is black copper. I can't exchange it either because it's now sold out.

Reactions: Nana61256