Rogue or Rogue 25?

I am trying to decide on which size to get. Which size do you find you like the best? Thanks
Depends on how much you like to carry. I have 2 regular ones and 4 25s I like the 25 for everyday bags but the regular when I have more to carry they are both great sizes to have. And if you can get one of each I’d suggest that. If not I’d ask what you want to use it for.

Depends on how much you like to carry. I have 2 regular ones and 4 25s I like the 25 for everyday bags but the regular when I have more to carry they are both great sizes to have. And if you can get one of each I’d suggest that. If not I’d ask what you want to use it for.
I have two 25s. I usually carry my kisslock coin purse, sharky, sunglasses in a hard case, lip balm, LV card case, LV cles, envelope with cash ( don't like long wallets), samsung galaxy s8, receipts, feminine products, headphones in case, and I could still fit so much more!!

I think the 4 major checkboxes (in my opinion) to look at are...1. How much stuff you carry. 2. Weight. 3. Wear and tear. 4. Overall use. 5. Color/prints.

1. Obviously the regular rogue is going to hold so much more then the rogue 25. But, If you don’t carry that much right now, then the 25 is the best option. Because all that room leftover is kinda wasted space in the regular Rogue. More hunting around for stuff if you need to get things out quickly. If you carry a lot of stuff then I say the regular rogue. The regular rogue is awesome for fluxing temperature here in Missouri because I can stick my scarf or cardigan in a pinch if I need to if the weather starts to get warm.

2. The bigger rogue is going to be more heavy then the 25. If you want to carry a lighter bag then I say the 25. Because it has a lesser chance of digging into your shoulders when carrying the bag using the shoulder/crossbody strap. If you don’t care about weight then I would skip this one. In my opinion any good bag should be a tad heavy. All that beautiful leather and suede is worth it to me.

3. I find this one very fascinating. The larger Rogues tends to lose there shapes more then the smaller ones. If you like a more structured bag that keeps its shape then the 25 is a good option bc they don’t do the corner flop as much/at all. I have 6 Rogue 25s and they all have kept there shape! The one that I have had the longest is my beachwood color block (the older style) for over a year now and she still looks good! But if you don’t mind that your bag has some character then the large one is awesome because they wear so nicely. I have the 3 regular rogue and my melon tearose is super floppy and the middle part has basically collapse on itself, but that might be do to the tearoses as well adding some weight. My rogue 36 in Black is also doing the same thing where the sides are falling in and the middle is saggy. I’ve only had her for a month and some weeks.

4. Evaluating overall use it the one that I feel is the most tricky of them all! I feel like I lie to myself at the store when I’m looking at a bag that I’m super interested in and ignore this check box. When it comes to overall use the 25 is good for more casual/light days when you need to the basic things in life. But due to the size of the Rogue 25 it can also become a dressy bag as well when you use the top handles. The regular rogue is awesome for what I call “heavy” days. Like if you have classes, work, grocery shopping, grabbing dinner with a friend, and needing to bust out a planner sometime in between all of that all in one day, then the regular rogue is awesome and is up for the job.

5. If you are looking at getting a printed bag or something thing with embellishments, most of the time it’s done in the Rogue 25s. But if you are looking for a classic bag that is pretty minimal then I would skip this checkbox because most of time the colors, even if it’s seasonal, will be in both of the sizes!

My overall opinion after buying almost all of the sizes, Rogue 17-36 (maybe a Rogue 39 in the future) is that I keep going back to the Rogue 25. I think the 25 is so cute and I love how square it looks, plus I kinda like how the bag keeps it shape. I also like that the shoulder straps on the Rogue 25 because they are slightly longer then the regular rogue, so it fits better when the bag is worn crossbody or on the shoulder. I also love the regular rogue too, because it fits a lot of things, and the bag looks amazing for work/fancy meetings. I also love how the bag gets more slouchy over time. It almost like “structured hobo” ( if that makes any since) when you carry it on the shoulder. But sometimes I think it’s just like too much bag for what I need. Plus, the kisslock inside of the bag is a cute detail but I don’t use it at all. Sometimes I wish it had just a plain slip pocket in all honesty. I hope this helps you on what size rogue you are getting! All the best to you on getting the right one and I know you will love the one that you pick out!

I think the 4 major checkboxes (in my opinion) to look at are...1. How much stuff you carry. 2. Weight. 3. Wear and tear. 4. Overall use. 5. Color/prints.

1. Obviously the regular rogue is going to hold so much more then the rogue 25. But, If you don’t carry that much right now, then the 25 is the best option. Because all that room leftover is kinda wasted space in the regular Rogue. More hunting around for stuff if you need to get things out quickly. If you carry a lot of stuff then I say the regular rogue. The regular rogue is awesome for fluxing temperature here in Missouri because I can stick my scarf or cardigan in a pinch if I need to if the weather starts to get warm.

2. The bigger rogue is going to be more heavy then the 25. If you want to carry a lighter bag then I say the 25. Because it has a lesser chance of digging into your shoulders when carrying the bag using the shoulder/crossbody strap. If you don’t care about weight then I would skip this one. In my opinion any good bag should be a tad heavy. All that beautiful leather and suede is worth it to me.

3. I find this one very fascinating. The larger Rogues tends to lose there shapes more then the smaller ones. If you like a more structured bag that keeps its shape then the 25 is a good option bc they don’t do the corner flop as much/at all. I have 6 Rogue 25s and they all have kept there shape! The one that I have had the longest is my beachwood color block (the older style) for over a year now and she still looks good! But if you don’t mind that your bag has some character then the large one is awesome because they wear so nicely. I have the 3 regular rogue and my melon tearose is super floppy and the middle part has basically collapse on itself, but that might be do to the tearoses as well adding some weight. My rogue 36 in Black is also doing the same thing where the sides are falling in and the middle is saggy. I’ve only had her for a month and some weeks.

4. Evaluating overall use it the one that I feel is the most tricky of them all! I feel like I lie to myself at the store when I’m looking at a bag that I’m super interested in and ignore this check box. When it comes to overall use the 25 is good for more casual/light days when you need to the basic things in life. But due to the size of the Rogue 25 it can also become a dressy bag as well when you use the top handles. The regular rogue is awesome for what I call “heavy” days. Like if you have classes, work, grocery shopping, grabbing dinner with a friend, and needing to bust out a planner sometime in between all of that all in one day, then the regular rogue is awesome and is up for the job.

5. If you are looking at getting a printed bag or something thing with embellishments, most of the time it’s done in the Rogue 25s. But if you are looking for a classic bag that is pretty minimal then I would skip this checkbox because most of time the colors, even if it’s seasonal, will be in both of the sizes!

My overall opinion after buying almost all of the sizes, Rogue 17-36 (maybe a Rogue 39 in the future) is that I keep going back to the Rogue 25. I think the 25 is so cute and I love how square it looks, plus I kinda like how the bag keeps it shape. I also like that the shoulder straps on the Rogue 25 because they are slightly longer then the regular rogue, so it fits better when the bag is worn crossbody or on the shoulder. I also love the regular rogue too, because it fits a lot of things, and the bag looks amazing for work/fancy meetings. I also love how the bag gets more slouchy over time. It almost like “structured hobo” ( if that makes any since) when you carry it on the shoulder. But sometimes I think it’s just like too much bag for what I need. Plus, the kisslock inside of the bag is a cute detail but I don’t use it at all. Sometimes I wish it had just a plain slip pocket in all honesty. I hope this helps you on what size rogue you are getting! All the best to you on getting the right one and I know you will love the one that you pick out!
Fabulous review

Great review, @branbran1984
I own both the regular and 25 rogue. My regular sized rogue is black and I tend to use it in the cold weather months. Its larger size is good for the extra items that I tend to carry in the fall and winter, like scarves and gloves. I could also fit a water bottle in there, which I sometimes do on the go. I rarely stuff this bag because it is pretty spacious and gets heavy when full, so mine does have some slouch. The 25 is my warm weather bag, and I love how light weight it is. I'm able to fit everything I need in it but there is not a ton of room to spare, so I can only fit a mini bottle of water in a pinch. I love the slouch of my black rogue and the structure of my 25. Side by side when I got my 25, you couldn't even tell that they were different sized bags!
This top photo is the inside of my 25 when my junk is well organized lol

IMG_4302 (Edited).JPG IMG_4171.JPG

Depends on how tall you are.
I'm 5'2" and the regular Rogue carried in all ways looks comical on me.
The Rogue 25 is way more proportional to my height. And yes, it is much lighter than the regular Rogue. (That said, crossbody the Rogue 25 is still a tad too long!)

Reactions: popartist

Great review! Really helpful info here :smile:

Reactions: redwood66
Depends on how tall you are.
I'm 5'2" and the regular Rogue carried in all ways looks comical on me.
The Rogue 25 is way more proportional to my height. And yes, it is much lighter than the regular Rogue. (That said, crossbody the Rogue 25 is still a tad too long!)
Are you thin? The reason I ask is because I'm 5'2" as well and the 31 is perfect for me as an everyday bag. But I'm not thin, lol. I have 1 size 25 because the tea rose embellishments weren't available otherwise, but I won't buy another in that size.

Last edited:
Reactions: elvisfan4life
I agree with the others. It’s all about what makes YOU comfortable. What works for me may not be ideal for someone else. I am 5’2 and petite & the regular rogue suits me best. It holds all of my stuff comfortably and I like the way it looks on my frame. I am also someone who doesn’t mind to carry big bags- I have a LV Artsy MM that I carry around even though I can’t come close to filling it up.
OP, if I were you I’d go to the store and try each bag on with your stuff inside. That way you will be able to see what works best for your personal preferences.
IMG_2670.jpgIMG_2671.jpgIMG_2673.jpg

Are you thin? The reason I ask is because I'm 5'2" as well and the 31 is perfect for me as an everyday bag. But I'm not thin, lol. I have 1 size 25 because the tea rose embellishments weren't available otherwise, but I won't buy another in that size.
I wish, nope I'm a little overweight. 5'2" 63kg.
I love my 25, I think for the regular I would have to get a plain one so the tea roses aren't overwhelming.

I am 5'8"/size 8, I find the regular size suits me best. I do have a 25 version, and that is more for hot weather, when I don't want a large bag up against me. I also use my Swagger 27 and crossbodies more in the hotter months. The 25 is a great smaller bag that holds more than you'd think, as long as you have a petite wallet. You can carry pretty much the kitchen sink in the regular sized version.

I prefer smaller bags so the 25 is the only size I will carry. I don't like SUPER heavy bags so the 25 is as big as I can go without it feeling too heavy. I love the Swagger 27 and the Rogue 25 is a very similar size. I don't think I can tell you anything else that has not already been said, just wanted to give my quick opinion.

Reactions: Luvpurplepurses