Rogue 25 or Rogue Satchel?

Khaleesicat

Jun 5, 2015
My birthday is this month and I am also expecting a second daughter in September. I am wanting to treat myself to something special for my birthday. I haven't bought a nice bag since last year. I am a purse fanatic but trying to be more frugal. I usually carry my bags crossbody or on the shoulder. I love the look of both of these bags. I also love that the Rogue Satchel is on sale because I hate paying full price for Coach. Mainly, due to the fact that they have sales. For those of you who have or have tried both of these bags? Which do you prefer?

There are a few members here who have/have tried both so I hope they pop in soon!

Of the two, I can only speak to the satchel. I now have two of the satchels (purchased during the sale) and they are lovely bags - soft, roomy, gorgeous leather. I have Black and Oxblood (both with suede lining). They are so much lovelier in person than photos on Coach.com show. There are a few here who have bought satchels during the sale....and in multiples!

I have only had them a week or so, but so far wear them more as shoulder bag or on my arm. I did crossbody a couple times but found it comfy as a shoulder so not really required to wear crossbody. The rings to attach the strap are on one side of the bag, and it seems to add to the comfort of carrying it as a shoulder bag.

They aren't lightweight though and I understand that the 25 is better if you are looking for something lighter, but you do lose on room compared to the satchels or medium Rogues.

You can't really go wrong; I would consider really more how much "room" you like in your bags/what you carry. I plan on a 25 down the road for when I am traveling lighter!

I own a satchel and have tried/returned a 25. There just wasn't enough space there for my liking, but I'm actually still drawn in by the design. IMO, it's really the only Rogue you can actually wear crossbody without the strap hurting you due to the clips. I did find the length of the straps when worn crossbody to be too long for my liking (and you can't adjust the length), but I'm really short. The handles are difficult to get folded inside because of the smaller size, but if you're not into tucking them in, then it would be no big deal. :smile:

The satchel's strap is very comfortable with the weight distributor on it, and it is adjustable. I really can't think of a single negative about this bag. I'm thinking of getting rid of my Speedy 30 because this is so much nicer.

I own a satchel and have tried/returned a 25. There just wasn't enough space there for my liking, but I'm actually still drawn in by the design. IMO, it's really the only Rogue you can actually wear crossbody without the strap hurting you due to the clips. I did find the length of the straps when worn crossbody to be too long for my liking (and you can't adjust the length), but I'm really short. The handles are difficult to get folded inside because of the smaller size, but if you're not into tucking them in, then it would be no big deal. :smile:

The satchel's strap is very comfortable with the weight distributor on it, and it is adjustable. I really can't think of a single negative about this bag. I'm thinking of getting rid of my Speedy 30 because this is so much nicer.

Yes, love the adjustability and the weight distributor! I am short as well :smile:

I also agree with you on the design of the Rogue 25, though.

@Khaleesicat if you really do like the 25 and the length of the straps is an issue, you can always put a different strap on it for crossbody wear (that is what I would likely do i future).

Can't wait to see what you pick! I assume you are not able to go check them out in person? Are you able to order both to see in person and return whichever one you decide you do not want?

I own a Rogue satchel and I have to say, I really love it! I would base your decision on how long you plan to keep it: if it is something you plan to use for several years vs. a seasonal piece and you plan to sell off. I would say long term, the satchel. Your baby won't be a baby forever, and once they are older, the satchel, IMO can fit a diaper and a small travel wipes and room for snacks. I did that with my larger Coach bags when my son was a toddler. If you are a seasonal piece girl and think you could potentially sell it, I would say the 25, because you can wear it crossbody along with a baby bag, and it is more hands free chasing little ones learning to walk (and run!).

Reactions: RayKay