Review Rodin Olio Lusso face oil

schadenfreude

really
O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
Because the price is on par with La Mer, I expected similar miracles. Not so much! The scent, which some have complained about, I actually like (although my SO compares it to a disinfecting cleaner). But the effects are nothing special. The average argan oil is going to be very similar, although the Rodin product might be a bit lighter. Definitely a product you want to sample before purchase!

I love this oil, actually. Sinks in quickly and is really making my skin look wonderful. I go back and forth between this and Sunday Riley's Juno oil. I do agree that with anything this pricey, it's best to try to get a decent sized sample so you can see if you like it. It could be a very expensive mistake otherwise.

I'm testing this out right now. I had been using the Nude Progenius skin oil that I had a deluxe sample of. My skin loved that and when I ran out, I figured I'd try the Olio Lusso.

Off the bat... the smell... ugh. It's like gym socks and jasmine. I cannot stand it, but, my fiancé hated the Progenius smell as well. I'd get into bed and he'd say "You put on that terrible stuff again!"

My mom has been using the Rodin for a month and her skin looks BEAUTIFUL lately. Really glow-y and hydrated. Here's hoping I get the same results and the scent is worth it :smile: