Rodeo Charm Discussion Thread: Love/Hate/Crazy Reseller Prices etc.

2221077d1371305690-post-ebay-web-hermes-finds-red-rodeo.jpg

I was chuckling to self when I readfolks who put one in the H shopping cart only to nix it. I did the same thing just yesterday. A bolt of logic struck me: - really do I really want one hanging on a purse or anywhere else other than an everygreen tree at a certain time of year? The day I spend $350 or more for a leather horse charm, my brain cells need to be re-aligned. H

Envision a small child seeing that horse charm at their eye level. In the next moment they are reaching out to pet your horse with gooey fingers, twinkling eyes, an ear to ear grin, sheer excitement. Don't get me wrong, I love witnesses those moments when a child is lit up like that holiday evergreen but not so liking when dirty finger arrive on lambskin.

I think they're cute (although I don't understand the price AT ALL - especially that they're all over ebay for up to $899), but not for me. I like my bags naked. The only thing I sometimes put on mine is that glove holder thing, but I actually use it to clip onto my gloves.

Last edited:
I think this charm, like many H items, just became a tpf fad. Once one person got one, everyone wanted to get them, no matter what the price. Bag charms are not for me, but I do admire others who do them well.