Rockstud pump owners- are they comfortable?

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Hi all, I've been lusting for a pair of rockstud pumps, either with the kitten heel (2.5 inches) or the 4 inch heel. Links to both are below:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/valentino-rockstud-pump/3139048

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/valentino-noir-pump/3304336?origin=related-3304336-0-0-1-1

Can owners of either chime in with how comfortable these pumps are? I have two pairs of CL pigalles that absolutely kill my feet...but I'm not sure if that's because of the pointy toe or because I bought them a size too small. It's probably a function of both LOL! Anyways, any input would be greatly appreciated!

I find mine to be quite comfortable in both heel heights. Some pointy toes (like Calvin Klein) hurt my feet because they are too narrow at the base of the toes or they cut off too early before the toe joints instead of gradually tapering off like the rockstuds. My toes also slope down from the big toe to the pinky (like the vibram five finger shoes) and I've been told that makes a difference on how some shoes fit.

I love my V shoes. I wear the 2.5 cm/1 inch ones with skinny heels/pointy toes anytime. Have gone out on the town in my higher rockstuds no problem that are 3-4 inch heels. However, think you have to try on and really spend time walking in the store to decide. I have a wider forefoot and find CL's way too uncomfortable for the price.

The two rockstud models you show are very comfortable. Look great too :smile:

Hope this helps!

Thanks for responding, Tygriss and Mithril! Do you have any recommendations as to which pair I should get, just in terms of versatility? Are you able to wear the kitten heel with skinny jeans? It seems like the top "strap" sits above the ankle so it would have to go on top of the jeans, if that makes sense...

I do not have this shoes just because they do not come in my size, but I would wear them with skirt, dress and skinny jeans as long as jeans stay above your ankle. Also, you may role up your jeans or pants. I do this all the time. It gives a little style kick, something different.

I'm so sad/mad...I snagged a pair of 38 rockstud slingbacks in blush from the Neiman Marcus website and got the package today. They sent the wrong shoes! Not just the wrong color/size...but an entirely different style Valentino shoe! I contacted customer service and they are picking it up free of charge, but still! There are no more sizes left of the blush color on Neiman Marcus or anywhere else. :cry: Maybe it was fate. This little mix-up has me thinking of whether I should even pursue the rockstuds. $1,000 is a lot of money to drop on shoes but I'm willing to spend it if they will last many seasons. What do you guys think? Are the rockstuds destined to become classics or will they look dated in a few seasons?

I think these will become a staple for many years, I look forward to passing them down to my daughter for a vintage take on the trend. I don't think the style will ever look dated, besides trends come round again and again so you're bound to revisit them further down the line. They are beauties. Good luck with your decision!

Guys - I am not sure what to do! Help :thinking:

Rockstud slingbacks (4inch) in Nude patent or Black/Nude patent leather? These will be my first amongst many but i need to find that classic pair that will go with many things.

my clothes seems to go with both of these choices, i'm just not sure which will look most classic and go with most everything. pls help. I will surely post once i get them :smile:

thanks dolls!