Alexander Wang Rockie pebbled leather vs smooth

googlygrape

googlygrape
O.G.
May 7, 2007
I am trying to decide whether or not to get a classic pebbled leather rockie with rose gold hardware or the smoother one with pale gold. I always wanted the rose gold, but I feel like the smoother leather wears better with time.

Does anyone have any experience with the leathers? Does the smoother wear better? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I've never liked the smooth leather. I have the rockie and rocco in pebbled and love them. The smooth leather looks cheap to me. I've never had problems in terms of marks and scratches on my pebbled leather. Can't really comment on the smooth.

Reactions: MulberryHeaux
I have three and all are pebbled leather, it looks so much nicer, just so contemporary My Rocco and one of my Rockies were preloved and years old but in excellent condition even though well used. None of them has scratches on them if that helps.

I've had both and found the smooth leather to be softer, it squishes more and feels like thick buttery amazing leather. The pebbled/dumbo leather I've felt is nice too - but nowhere near as buttery and soft - and more stiff and holds it's shaper more, but still moves. So if yo have a softness preference, maybe that will help. I think they both look very nice.