Rockie pebbled leather vs smooth

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am trying to decide whether or not to get a classic pebbled leather rockie with rose gold hardware or the smoother one with pale gold. I always wanted the rose gold, but I feel like the smoother leather wears better with time.

Does anyone have any experience with the leathers? Does the smoother wear better? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. Not sure about smooth leather but I have the pebbled in the mini and I love it. I don’t have to baby it at all and if there are any scratches on the leather I haven’t noticed.

3. IMHO the Rockie just looks better in the pebbled “dumbo” leather - it’s classic Wang. I have it in latte with rose gold and it wears like iron.

MulberryHeaux and alice87 like this.
  4. I've never liked the smooth leather. I have the rockie and rocco in pebbled and love them. The smooth leather looks cheap to me. I've never had problems in terms of marks and scratches on my pebbled leather. Can't really comment on the smooth.

MulberryHeaux likes this.
  5. I saw both bags in person and pebled looked better to me.

6. pass by:biggrin:

7. I have three and all are pebbled leather, it looks so much nicer, just so contemporary My Rocco and one of my Rockies were preloved and years old but in excellent condition even though well used. None of them has scratches on them if that helps.

8. Agree - Pebbled is classic Wang and no-one does leather quite like it.

9. I've had both and found the smooth leather to be softer, it squishes more and feels like thick buttery amazing leather. The pebbled/dumbo leather I've felt is nice too - but nowhere near as buttery and soft - and more stiff and holds it's shaper more, but still moves. So if yo have a softness preference, maybe that will help. I think they both look very nice.