Alexander Wang Rocco vs Rockie size comparison pics

boxermomof2

Jul 21, 2009
I love the size of rockie, but I'm undecided whether to keep it. The size suits me but the opening is not very convenient. I can see myself walking around with an open bag.
My rockie arrived with nice even pebbles all over the bag and I'm a sucker for lots of pebbles!:graucho: As you can see, the newer brass zips have more copper undertones compared to the first generation antique brass, but it is not the same zipper as the rose gold. The copper is not that obvious in indirect light, but under direct lighting the copper shines thru.
roccorockie001.jpg
roccorockie002.jpg
roccorockie003.jpg

Sooooooo cute that little Rockie!!! :smile: I can totally understand your concerns with the opening, I have the same... I rarely zip my bags. I was torn on getting the Jane for the same reasons, but feel like the little extra work required is worth it in this instance as I love the bag so much! Thanks for sharing.

boxermom - really appreciate the comparison shots!! i think we've all been waiting to see them :biggrin:

i'm so on the fence too!! cayenne rockie has been calling out to me since i first saw him online! still haven't seen IRL yet.... there are no stores where i am that carry AW!!

boxermom - really appreciate the comparison shots!! i think we've all been waiting to see them :biggrin:

i'm so on the fence too!! cayenne rockie has been calling out to me since i first saw him online! still haven't seen IRL yet.... there are no stores where i am that carry AW!!

The cayenne is calling my name too.:biggrin:
I sent the brass back. I loved the look, but wasn't too excited about the combo. I decided to hold out for a rose gold/black. I hope, I hope.:graucho:

This is PERFECT, thank you for making this thread boxer!

I almost ordered a new Rocco on Aloha Rag but I think I'm going to go for the Rockie. Emma Stone seems to have a black and silver combo so perhaps I'll look for that one since you weren't a fan of brass and black (though that combo is my favorite.. I somehow don't see myself as a rose gold studs girl but I could be persuaded...)

I wonder if it would be easier to open if you kept the two zippers in the center of the bag rather than on one end or another? That was my thought.. but I guess I'll have to wait until someplace provides me with a SLIGHT coupon code / discount so I can grab myself a Rockie and see how I like it!

I looked at them in Barneys. Loved the black Rockie, but don't know that I want a black Rocco and Rockie. I'm curious to see the other colors too

For some reason the cayenne Rockie one felt a little cutsie for me, I didn't like it as much. The cayenne Diego is gorgeous.