Alexander Wang rocco turning gray!

katyxb

O.G.
Nov 5, 2006
Hi, I've been a part of purse forum for a long time but i've never really made a thread but I bought my first alexander wang bag in october, the rocco with rose gold studs. I love it but the sides are turning gray, the pebbled leather is turning smooth (i know thats common!) but is that suppose to happen to it? Sorry I don't have pictures but any suggestions on how to fix it? Or is there a separate thread you can refer me to? Thanks soo much!

thank you so much for all the help! i'm posting pictures just to confirm whats happening to my bag and if conditioning it will help

View attachment 2054702

View attachment 2054703

View attachment 2054704

View attachment 2054705

View attachment 2054706
Honestly that looks more like discoloration, either from sun exposure, or color transfer, or something chemical. I doubt leather conditioner (which you can buy at any cowboy boot store or shoe store) will help in this case, but it's worth a shot!

Yikes!

The back of my Diego is ashy where it hits my body.................but nothing like that. Especially the end piece. That is so odd.

sorry for the noob question but how do i condition it? lol or should i bring it to a leather spa type of place?

I use lexol leather conditioner and I'm satisfied with it, I put some on a cloth and apply it to the areas that look faded and or show some wear and bag looks great! Always test in a small area first to make sure u like the results...

I use lexol leather conditioner and I'm satisfied with it, I put some on a cloth and apply it to the areas that look faded and or show some wear and bag looks great! Always test in a small area first to make sure u like the results...

Honestly that looks more like discoloration, either from sun exposure, or color transfer, or something chemical. I doubt leather conditioner (which you can buy at any cowboy boot store or shoe store) will help in this case, but it's worth a shot!

thank you for all the advice! i really appreciate it :smile:

Yikes!

The back of my Diego is ashy where it hits my body.................but nothing like that. Especially the end piece. That is so odd.

i figured because when i carry it, it rubs against my coat but its soooo weird. i'm scared that the leather will start peeling :sad:

To me it looks like the black leather is turning green. I know sometimes a black Bal can have that issue.

yeaa it's like greenish grey in person, its so frustrating. some people from work suggested i should dye it.