Alexander Wang rocco?! or balenciaga! help!

Rachelm.cole

Nov 20, 2010
hi girls! i have a problem! i've been saving up for an arena city classic balenciaga in black, but i just found this alexander wang in tan (another in grey) and i love it! should i buy a cheaper black bag around the same price as the rocco and also get the tan/grey one, or should I get the balenciaga? and possibly save up more for the rocco.

thoughts?!

http://www.thebaglady.tv/assets_c/2010/06/reese-witherspoon-thumb-435x362-104907.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/22/!B+!dkBQCGk~$(KGrHqJ,!jgEzsBc4OpkBM-VkjJ9qQ~~0_3.JPG

They're really different bags!

Balenciagas are a lot lighter than AWs, if that makes a difference to you.

With the AW, they seem to go on sale quite a bit, so you might want to wait until the next sale comes around to get one less than retail.

They're really different bags!

Balenciagas are a lot lighter than AWs, if that makes a difference to you.

With the AW, they seem to go on sale quite a bit, so you might want to wait until the next sale comes around to get one less than retail.

this would be more of an everyday bag for me, and my first designer bag. i'm leaning more towards the balenciaga, but now i have another problem - should i buy it new at barneys or try to find it on ebay silghtly used?

this would be more of an everyday bag for me, and my first designer bag. i'm leaning more towards the balenciaga, but now i have another problem - should i buy it new at barneys or try to find it on ebay silghtly used?

I think that also depends on your preference. Some people don't like buying pre-loved bags; others don't care. (I myself don't mind pre-loved bags if they're in excellent condition.) If you do go the eBay route, make sure before you bid that you have it authenticated on the Bal board first. You don't want to wind up with a fake!

I like the quality of Balenciaga better I think, but I love my Diego. I've bought and returned 2 Rocco's. I did love my black one but the strap wasn't right on me with the weight of the bag. I would buy right from Balenciaga because the resale is so high on used bags that you won't save much unless you find something that isn't in great shape or not a popular color. I'm still looking for my perfect Balenciaga.

I like the quality of Balenciaga better I think, but I love my Diego. I've bought and returned 2 Rocco's. I did love my black one but the strap wasn't right on me with the weight of the bag. I would buy right from Balenciaga because the resale is so high on used bags that you won't save much unless you find something that isn't in great shape or not a popular color. I'm still looking for my perfect Balenciaga.

thank you for your help! i think i'm just going to buy it at barneys, in case something happens I could always go back there, or something. i just looked on ebay and there was hardly anything cheaper that was in good condition- some were even more expensive!

also - would anyone be able to authenticate this bag on this website?
http://fashiontopbrand.com/Alexande...xander-Wang-Grey-Rocco-Mini-Duffle_p5487.html

Hi there. I agree that Bal is much lighter, which could make a difference. I just purchased my first AW, and I love it. However, it doesn't seem to wear quite as well as Bal. That said, I don't have the anxiety about AW that I have about Bal since I got my AW on sale for less than half the price of a Bal City. Sorry for all of the sentences that say one thing and then negate the statement with another. Basically, I feel like they're two completely different bags that share little more than the slouch factor.

I love the rocco style bag so much, I have several colors!
I bought my first Bal bag a few months ago and I have to say it's wonderful too! I'm glad I own both.

Bal bags are better quality and they hold their value if that makes any difference to you.

If I could own only one rocco, it would have to be the black.
Although I'm in love with my new mustard rocco!!!:love:

I have a Bal and A Diego - love both, but Bal is WAYYY better as far as weight and quality go. and there are so many colours to choose from! i bought my Bal off ebay years ago, carried maybe a few times but in brand new condition (there were 0 signs of wear) and below retail. just get it authenticated in Bal forum first!

thank you for your help! i think i'm just going to buy it at barneys, in case something happens I could always go back there, or something. i just looked on ebay and there was hardly anything cheaper that was in good condition- some were even more expensive!
Sometimes sellers overcompensate in terms of pricing (they want to make up for the high fees they have to dish out). Other times, the high price tags will be due to the year the bal bag was made (or a particularly popular color). Bal used chevre leather (pre-2007), and this leather is soft and of exceptional quality...agneau leather isn't as great to the touch (among other things), but that being said, there are still many wonderful options w/agneau leather.