Roadies on Showtime - Created by Cameron Crowe (Almost Famous)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This starts Sunday June 26th at 10pm. I watched the first episode on demand and I thought it was good. Has that Almost Famous vibe if you liked that movie. So I was not surprised to find it was created by Cameron Crowe who wrote that movie and traveled with 70's era bands as a rock journalist. This takes place in present day though http://www.sho.com/roadies. Now that Game of Thrones will be ending this looks like an interesting show for the summer. Anyone else plan to watch?
    ABOUT THE SERIES
    Created by Oscar® winner Cameron Crowe, ROADIES is an insider’s look at the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of “roadies,” who live for music and the de facto family they’ve formed along the way. The music-infused ensemble comedy series chronicles the rock world through the eyes of music’s unsung heroes and puts the spotlight on the backstage workers who put the show on the road while touring the United States for a successful arena-level band.

2. I know we are all still relishing in the Game of Thrones finale aftermath, but did anyone watch this?

3. I watched it. It's OK. I think the whole "It's all about the music, man" idea has been played out. Kelly Ann....you had admission into film school, yet you're gonna give that up to continue being a roadie for a band? The foreshadowing of her and the acct dude? C'mon. Like that would ever happen. And while I like Luke Wilson, it seems like he can only play one character. Carla Gugino is still sexy AF, though! :smile:

4. I was thinking the same thing, that Luke Wilson plays the same role! He did not seem like the right person to have one night stand after one night stand. Thinking a little miscast. Are you going to keep watching? I figure it is something that will fill the Sunday evening slot now that our beloved Thrones is on hiatus

5. I've watched episode two, soooo....we'll see.