RM Sample Sale rant PLUS pics :)

Nov 23, 2008
OMG i had the worst experience today.. not on RMs part but my FRIGGIN BANK! i hate BANK OF AMERICA! :mad::censor::rant::cursing:

so im a student in NJ @ Rutgers UNiv but my bank account is in IL (my home) so i always get a block on my credit and debit cards when i purchase large amounts anywhere in NJ or NY. but RM's sample sales always get charged in some place like florida or whatever which makes it even more complicated. so my bank always thinks my card is being used fraudulently! I KNEW this would happen bc it happend the last two SS i went to (there was even a RM employee who remembered me from last spring and this same scenario happening!!)

so i proceeded to call my bank like ahead of time before the guy even rang me up so i could tell them i was about to make a huge purchase.. i got disconnected. so then i was like ok whatever, ill try n split my purchases between two cards to try n alleviate this prob. DECLINED of course! then i waited for over 30 mins on the phone like sitting around outside and by the register for a human being to answer my call and let my card swipe! LITERALLY it took 3 seconds for it to be swiped and approved. i spent 30 mins of my life annoyed wanting to take my bags home and it took about .3 NANO SECONDS for the lady to approve me over the phone!!! I could use cash but the thing is.. its not practical to carry $800 around! yes, i spent $800.. there goes my money for books next semester.

i hated the whole situation bc i was so irritated and the poor boy at the register probably thought i was cynical bc i was SO frazzled.. but im so sick of doing this.. i need to switch banks ASAP! SORRY, I'm done..

Do any of RMs employees go on TPF? i hope one of them reads this and knows who i am.. bc at least 2 ppl were like "hey youre still here?"

anways, i really didnt get anything crazy.. honestly my collection is already huge so i got some more practical items or least thats what i told myself?! Anyone who as seen my last hauls at past seasons SS's know i usually go crazy! hahaaa :P:angel:

Distressed Black MAM and (Electric?) Blue Mini Beloved

IMG-20101119-00080.jpg

IMG-20101119-00078.jpg

Last edited:
Wow RP!! You got quite a haul there! I love that Cherish tote. How is it damaged exactly? Looks like a little bit of discoloration? Either way, for $50, I would have snatched that baby up too!

I'm sorry BoA gave you so much trouble. My credit union annoys me too when I try to make larger purchases online. They block some states including the big merchant states...New York and California.

But thankfully, you got your beautiful bags!! Enjoy them and congrats!!

Last edited:
yeah just a couple of scratches.. if u look at the pic with the close up of the bag.. thats all the damage! its ok with me cuz i plan on using it rainy days at school cuz its coated canvas!

Awesome loot! It was all worth it in the end, right? LoL... I love the mini beloved and the striped tote.. Glad everything worked out..:tup:

OP - I'm not a fan of BOA!! We had charge cards for our employees through BOA and they were always giving us problems. Needless to say we changed banks. So sorry this happened especially to ruin the fun of a RM SS!!

it really did ruin my fun.. i swear the RM employees prob thought i was psycho bc i was like running in and out like a mad woman.. my phone had horrible signal inside so id have to go outside n wait.. then id walk inside thinking i finally got a human on the phone and we could proceed.. but it would be a false alarm.. OMG so annoying.

usually after my purchases at the SS's i go around for 10mins taking pics and last glances at the sample table but i didnt even do that this time.. i BOLTED out n wanted to go home! seriously i almost gave up and left with no bags, the anxiety was soo high :sad:

YUP, 36 mins!!! WOW, i cant believe i really waited that long. seriously can u women imagine.. your purchases already placed in bags, receipt written up and u standing there waiting for a friggin person on the phone to ask you your soc sec #... i want those 36 mins of my life back! erghhh.. it was soo annoying bc it literally was 3 nano seconds after the card swiped and approved.

Sorry tpo hear about the bank fiasco, but other banks don't really seem to be any better. BOA is a national bank, and that's pretty much the only reason why I keep them.