RM Old or New hardwear for Wine Nikki?

bumble1

Aug 12, 2007
I have the Nikki with old hardware, never used, and am comtemplating trying to get a hold of one with new hardware instead. I'm conflicted! Which do you all prefer and why?

i've never seen the new hardware in real life, but i think i like the the old hardware, it's less chunky. but you already have a Wine Nikki-- keep it!!!

I have RM's with both the old and new hardware, and I really don't have a preference one way or the other. My opinion - what kind of look do you want out of the bag? To me, the new hardware on the Nikki makes it a little more sophisticated - where the old hardware makes it seem more casual, boho-chic. So, to me, I guess it depends on your personal style. I love the Nikki bag, I love the Wine color, and I love both of the hardware styles - so I'm as torn as you, really.

i found this old posts, maybe they will help you decide!

hardware survey

photos are:
- handbagaddict's wine nikki with NEW hardware
- ml0918's wine nikki with OLD hardware

Attachments

• newhardware_nikki.jpg
    newhardware_nikki.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 126
  • oldhardware_nikki.jpg
    oldhardware_nikki.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 149
I have a Night Nikki with new hardware and I absolutely adore it. For me, I only want the new hardware. I think it gives a very elegant feel!

But, I can understand why others might love the old too. It's more fun, I would say!

I personally feel the new hardware makes the bag more "regal" looking and I like it. For what you pay, you should have some more recognition! the old hardware was more "hobo chic" which was a cool look to, but I am loving my Nikki with the new hardware!