RM Newbie proceeding with Caution...

BlackBlackCat

Flabby Feline
Jul 28, 2009
Have lurked around for awhile, drooling all over RM pictures and sightings and whatnot but haven't brought myself to get one yet. I'm usually more of a LV person but recently I'm starting to appreciate the understated beauty of RM bags and have especially fallen in love with the Studded Devote.

While in the showers last night (IMO the bathroom is always the most wonderful place to brainstorm and make wise... erm, shopping decisions), I pondered and finally decided to get one! But as always, am in a Bag Dilemma right now (after hitting LunaBoston dot com, heh).

Currently I'm stuck in between a Plum and a Lavender Stud Devote, not quite sure which one to get yet.

While I'm being fickle, thought it'll be nice for myself to break into the community and get a headstart, and hopefully some suggestions too.

I'm the most indecisive person ever.

:shame:

Hello! I'm glad that there is another Singaporean who loves RM besides me and a few others here! Welcome!

While I like the look of the Stud Devote, I don't have one. My collection is mainly on the MABs, MAMs and the matinees. If I am not mistaken, Lavender has silver studs. I think Plum has gold. It would be a tough choice for me too! ;)

I'd go with the plum just cuz it's a darker, more intense color. I'd hate to keep worrying about getting my bags dirty, and lavender is just a bit too neutral for me. which color are you leaning towards?

The stud devotes are very pretty, but you do know that they can be a bit heavy right? Since you live in Singapore, you might want to take that into consideration.

I don't have a studded Devote, however, a Minkette has compared the Plum as an unglazed Burgundy which is a FABULOUS color leather. So, my vote would be the Plum!

I think the lavender works best if you are looking for more of neutral color that can work with alot. Plus I believe you can get it on sale now as well. If you don't care about the bag being neutral then I'd go for plum.

Bibibabubi, hi! Wow, I didn't expect to find another Singaporean here so quickly. :lol: I'm loving everything but the Stud Devote is reaching out to me more! If I have the moolah I'll get both (but I just splurged on a LV... Sigh).

jo712, I'm leaning more towards Plum as a matter of fact, but Lavender looks oh-so-versatile too. :P

MAGJES, I'm okay with the hardware as long as it looks pleasant, overall. :smile:

tastangan, thanks for the heads up! Didn't really know how heavy they are, but I'm okay with heavy bags.

baghag411, the color sounds fabulous! *excited*

ztainthecity, really?! Because I'm loving the studded MAB too! :love: I'm so wanting a Black with gunmetal hardware~

Thanks all for the suggestions! Gives me a much clearer idea of what I want now. :happydance: