RM newbie needs some help!

Karenina

BAG-a-holic
O.G.
Mar 13, 2007
I'm a southern gal!
I am normally a BE girl but some of my PF friends have been raving about RM bags so I have been checking them out. I really like the Plan B hobo and have been thinking about purchasing one but I would love to hear reviews on this bag and see more modeling pics. Also I really love the dusty color but it worries me. Does it get dirty very easily? I've also read a thread where someone tried to clean their dusty colored bag and the cleaner just made the spot worse. I am a mom of 2 kids so I wonder if maybe I should get the hazelnut color instead. I really just adore this bag in the dusy from what I have seen though. Does anyone have any advice, reviews or pics? I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!

Tracy

shallowly obsessing
O.G.
Sep 30, 2007
Hi, Karenina!
I don't have a Plan B but I wanted to welcome you to RM!!
You'll like it here!

tatertot

~Happy Tot~
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
Great Lakes
check oput the thread of pics with your rm bag. You might get a better feel for the color and style that would fit you best. Welcome though and best of luck finding your dream RM bag.

HitchcockBlonde

Bag (and shoe) lady
O.G.
Oct 27, 2006
I returned my dusty bag because it came to me all scratched and dented. Other girls here have confirmed that it scratches and marks very easily. I decided that even if I could get a new pristine one and treat it well, I am a little too klutzy for a leather that high maintenance. It's GORGEOUS and soft though so if you are fastidious you will probably love it.

Geminiz06

Feb 13, 2008
New York
Click here: I Feel Like Goldilocks!!! - The Purse Forum
^^Hi these are pics of another PF'er who got a tangerine plan B.
I think the shape and size of the bag is very nice. I know it's not an example of the dusty color, but at least you can get a general feel. Plus to be honest I think the dusty color may not be for you, as it seems that, the leather on the dusty is sooooo soft and supple (who would've ever thought that could be an issue lol;), making the leather prone to staining easily. So I would try another color, if I were you. HTH.

Sep 5, 2007
Hi Karenina! Welcome! :flowers: I think dusty is a great neutral colour and it looks great on plan B! However i think dusty becoz of the nature of the colour its rather prone to stains so may not be suitable your lifestyle! Hazelnut is very lovely too! No matter which on you choose i dun think you will be disappointed becoz its a RM! Let us know what you decide to get!

Karenina

BAG-a-holic
O.G.
Mar 13, 2007
I'm a southern gal!
Thank you for all of the replies. I called LB yesterday and asked about the colors and I think I have decided to go with the hazelnut. I am too afraid of the dusty. I love the color and I think it is beautiful but I know that it will get so dirty if I got that color. So I talked to the wonderful ladies at LB yesterday and they suggested the hazelnut for me.

I want to buy this bag NOW but I have to wait! I am going out of town on Sunday and my package won't get here before I leave so I am going to order it next week while I am gone so it will get to me the day after I get back. I really wish I could have it now to take it with me.

I searched the forum but the only pics I could find the Plan B was in the thread that was posted above. Thanks again everyone.

msterling

O.G.
Aug 19, 2007
Karenina - It's good to see you here. Like some other people we know, I've been bouncing back and forth between the RM and BE forums.

When I decided to get an RM, I was trying to decide between a Plan B, MAM, and Nikki. I ruled out (for now) the MAM because I prefer shoulder bags and was afraid it wouldn't feel right on my shoulder because of the depth. Plus, I really wanted something with one strap instead of two. I was so close to buying the Tangerine Plan B from Luna Boston, but I just wasn't sure about the color and the flap on top.

I ended up finding a gorgeous Blue Stonewash Nikki. Buying it was a risk for me since it couldn't be returned and I wasn't sure if it would be too big for me. However, I decided to go for it since everyone on this forum looked great with their Nikkis. I'm glad I got it. I can put as little or as much as I want in the bag and it still looks great. The strap is comfortable on my shoulder and never slips off, even when I bend over to pick something up. The leather is great and the stonewash leather is especially soft. Although it is my biggest everyday bag, I don't mind the size at all. A few days ago, I pre-ordered my second Nikki (Wine).

I hope the hazelnut Plan B works for you. I agree with others here that the Dusty color would probably not be practical. Let us know what you think when you get. I haven't ruled out the Plan B as a possibility down the road if more colors are available.

NicolesCloset

sassy mama!
O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
in a happy place!
:tup:Welcome. All I can say is that everyone here is so nice, and definately can lead you in the right direction to your RM bag decision. And by the way it is a very important one. There are so many styles and cololrs. The waiting and wanting is fantastic too.