RM leather question!

mona_danya

Personal Shopper
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I've recently acquired my first RM bag and it was a grey Devote. I found it at my local winners store (equivalent to Marshalls). I was sooo impressed with how soft and squishy with the leather softness...:smile:

So last week I found another Devote in Auburn online for a great price and decided to order it too....:yahoo:

Yesterday we went to Montreal and I visited their downtown Winners store which had tons of RM bags, to my SHOCK they were all soooo stiff. Nothing like the bag I got. :cursing:

Now I'm worried sick that the auburn I bought online will be stiff!!

Is this normal to have such variation in RM bags??? Please say it ain't so!!:nono:

Hi! And welcome to the RM subforum!

RM has TONS of different leathers. It's one of the main reasons why we Minkettes go crazy over her bags. Unfortunately, due to the huge amount of leathers RM uses, there are variations between the leathers. That being said though, the majority of stiffer leathers do get softer with wear. This thread should help you lots: http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...tching-colors-to-leather-textures-341696.html

I actually think that the majority of her leathers are softer. There are only a few off the top of my head that are stiff and that stay stiff (ie: croc embossed, haze leathers...). There is also lambskin vs. cow; lambskin is thinner and lighter while cow tends to be thicker. Anyway yeah, the thread I posted above should give you a bigger reference!