RM Experts, come help re: Stonewashed color

Grace123

Hopelessly Obsessed
O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
Do any of you know what bags will be or are already available in the Stonewashed color and where can I get one?

I saw a Stonewashed Matinee on ebay, but I thought the BIN price was a little high for a used bag. Sad, cause I really love the Matinee in that color!

Any help would be greatly appreciated and TIA! :yes:

I don't believe there will be any more stonewashed blue bags. There was a recent special order through RM.com but they sold out pretty quickly. They pop up on ebay but usually go fast there too. There is the option to make an offer.

I did make an offer, however what I think is a reasonable offer for a used bag was automatically declined.

Oh well, dollar late, and a day short. That's my story. :sad:

Aw, I'm sorry! The seller is just probably trying to recoup her costs since she says she used it just once and ebay is so darn expensive to sell on plus paypal fees. I know that doesn't help you though! Are you able to get any kind of cashback with live.com? (I don't even know if that's still up!) Keep watching! If it's meant to be it will happen!! I hope you find what you're looking for! And I love your signature!!

I wouldn't count on any stonewashed blue re-cuts anytime soon. They have been saying they will recut a lot of different bags but realistically they don't have time for it. Even if they do it will be several months before you see one.

The reason why the price is that high on *bay is because they are so rare and hard to find. Especially in new or almost new condition.

Good luck & I hope you find what you're looking for!

Well ladies, I upped my offer and it's being considered. I SHOULD have been paying more attention and I would'v known about that color before! :nuts:

It's odd but my offer is more than I paid for a brand new MA this past week. LOL But when you love something, you love it and that's it.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it!:okay:

FWIW, it's a REALLY great bag. I paid full price for mine at FLL and it so totally worth it! And the seller did state she only wore it once! That baby should be like new and soft as butter if you end up getting her! And, she SMELLS really good! The quality of the leather and it's yummy smell were the first things I noticed when I took her out of the box. I couldn't have asked for a better first RM. :smile:

GL in the auction. I hope you win!

I think the majority of RM bags on ebay are way overpriced. You shouldn't pay over retail for a used bag. That's crazy. And when I think of Rare, I think of really really rare, maybe showing on ebay once or twice a year. I can't tell you how many RM's on ebay have Rare in the description. There's always Wine Nikki's on ebay and they are Rare :smile: But...I paid 499 for a Mini Nikki and I could have slapped myself for that knowing full well the bag came from a Sample Sale.
I'm a seller and I always take a loss for used bags I sell. I don't consider Paypal fees as that's the price a seller pays for using ebay. It's a monopoly I know.
Hope you are considered for the bag Grace. Ebay is the only option to find these bags so get it while you can.

Lexie=- I agree that wine is no longer a rare color since there have been so many new batches lately. At one point wine was EXTREMELY rare but that is just not the case anymore. I had a wine MAM on ebay that I think I subconsciously overpriced.

I couldn't really afford to keep the bag but it was brand new straight out of the box and I was only willing to sell it if I didn't loose ANY money on it. I took into consideration paypal fees & all ebay fees and made it so the BIN would cover those. I know that they are the responsibility of the seller but I just wasn't willing to loose any money on my bag.. I would rather keep it. The bag did not sell and I was so happy because a it turns out I am not ready to part with it.

Anyway.. not sure if my little story makes sense but this can explain at least one "over priced" bag on ebay recently. Maybe others feel the way I do. They need to sell their bags but would rather not if they have to take a loss? A used bag is a different story.. mine was new. But I think that if a bag was only (truly) used once it's pretty much new in my eyes.

Hi guys, I think you are talking about my listing. I'm sorry if you think its way overpriced, but it is the price I'm willing to let it go since it is impossible for me to get her back once I let her go. I had the bag for around two months ad has indeed only been used once. I could just put the tag on and claim it as BNWT but I chose to be honest. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say all this in tpf. I guess I better stop now :sweatdrop:

Hi guys, I think you are talking about my listing. I'm sorry if you think its way overpriced, but it is the price I'm willing to let it go since it is impossible for me to get her back once I let her go. I had the bag for around two months ad has indeed only been used once. I could just put the tag on and claim it as BNWT but I chose to be honest. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say all this in tpf. I guess I better stop now :sweatdrop:

Well girlfriend, I hope that baby is as pretty in person as it is in the pics, cause it's mine now. :yes:

Yay, Grace!!! I think it'll be beautiful! Congratulations on a gorgeous bag!

Azumie, I totally understand your perspective. I purchased a saddle mab and didn't complain about the price but immediately when I opened the box once it arrived I decided it was too big for me and listed it within 24 hours of receiving it. It may have appeared to be overpriced to others too but I just hated losing money on something I just got, was in perfect condition and I hadn't used. Turns out I kept it anyway and am so glad I did!! Good thing I overpriced it after all!!!

FWIW, it's a REALLY great bag. I paid full price for mine at FLL and it so totally worth it! And the seller did state she only wore it once! That baby should be like new and soft as butter if you end up getting her! And, she SMELLS really good! The quality of the leather and it's yummy smell were the first things I noticed when I took her out of the box. I couldn't have asked for a better first RM. :smile:

GL in the auction. I hope you win!

Definitely!!! It's easily one of my all time fave RM leathers. Go for it!!!!