RM Ebay picture stealer!

babybel

little gouda
Oct 12, 2008
I'm not sure if this is okay to post in the shopping forum, but I figure that it's RM. Some advice needed?

Someone stole/used without persmission a photo I took specifically for use on tPF, they also stupidly left the watermark on. Is there anything I can do? Should I contact ebay or the seller?

I don't want to link to the ebay listing but the seller stole this pic of mine

attachment.php

Sorry to hear that. I guess you can ask the seller to remove the picture, and if she refused, then report the listing to ebay.

It's probably better to ask this question in the eBay subforum.

It's against ebay rules to use another person's pictures or words. You should report the listing, unless you want to give the seller the opportunity to remove it first.

ETA: That's a really nice picture. I'm not surprised someone wanted to borrow it. :smile:

Thanks for the advice girls, I sent the seller a polite but firm message. I hope that they will remove it.

I'm not even sure how ebay's reporting system works, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

It not just that I don't want my photos used without permission, I don't want people thinking that I'm the seller KWIM? I have my own ebay ID. Nor do I want the buyers to be mislead into thinking that the picture is of the bag they are buying.

I would skip the seller altogether and go straight to ebay. The picture, especially since it is the only one, is misleading because any buyer would obviously think that is the bag they are getting. If the bag was shown with other pictures of the sellers bag or if this were a pic from the manufacturer I might think differently, but in this case I don't see giving the seller the benefit of the doubt. Good luck. Your picture is so pretty, I think I might want the bag if I saw that picture so I it makes me particularly mad at that seller!

This just makes me want to just pull all my pics from Purse Forum... I'm actually very annoyed. Minkettes, please help me report the listing (am still trying to figure out how that works)!

babybel, it's a crappy situation! I'm moving this to the ebay forum because this is a general ebay selling issue. Also try a search in the ebay forum, I bet you will find some threads on it!
Good luck!

I hate it when people do this. I am so sorry that this is happening to you, OP! Did you send the seller a message about it? I'd be interested to know if he/she responds!

I've had this happen to me several times. I've even had people CUT the watermarks out of my photos and steal them to list counterfeits on iOffer. the nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!

The listing ended, unfortunately before ebay could pull it. The seller never responded. I'm just frustrated. I just hope the buyer gets the bag they think they are getting. I know they aren't getting the bag pictured.

I am just going to pull all my pics from tPF to prevent this from happening again. I can't believe the nerve of some people.