RM cupid- Viola or Teal??

Glamorous_

Jun 28, 2012
Hi ladies,
I have been eyeing the cupid bag for a while and want to take advantage of the amazon.com sale. But I love both viola and teal color in the cupid. Which one do you all like more?

tumblr_mgs66nAaXp1r13mqeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgs66nAaXp1r13mqeo2_500.jpg

I think they are both nice looking bags. I personally have viola and the color is very pretty in real life. I haven't seen this particular teal, so I am not sure how it is in real life.

Have to speak up, the Viola is super thin, and if you breathe too hard it scratches and scuffs. I have a pouch in this, and I spend half my time conditioning out the scuffs. Also bouch the affai in this, and same think leathe, but I use that bag very carefully. If you don't mind fragile leather, the color is gorgeous.

Just my opinion. I do love my circle quilted studded affair, but I am super careful with it.

How is the leather ? If it is the same color but better leather I'd be very interested to know.
i think we may be talking about the same leather. The color is so gorgeous....and yea its more delicate than other leathers. but when it gets kinda worn in looking....its still awesome. I had a viola cupid when they first came out...and it was perfection...all smooth and uniform leather. i sold it, stupidly...because i had temporarily decided that the cupid was not for me. i have since done a complete turn around...because i think the cupid might be my favorite RM now and i am getting them back into my collection. I had to get another viola because the softness of the leather and the color are just divine. I can see that a pouch might get scratched up floating around inside of a bag with stuff in there. but the outside of the bag manages to hold up fine. I will probably just treat it. This time...my bag has more wrinkly parts...reminds me of bal chevre leather in being a bit thinner and seemingly delicate...tho bal leather seems delicate but is rather durable too. I think if you love the bag....in the viola...you just take care of it a little more....and deal with a bit of scuffing...i guess! the purple is just perfect for spring summer! :biggrin:

i think we may be talking about the same leather. The color is so gorgeous....and yea its more delicate than other leathers. but when it gets kinda worn in looking....its still awesome. I had a viola cupid when they first came out...and it was perfection...all smooth and uniform leather. i sold it, stupidly...because i had temporarily decided that the cupid was not for me. i have since done a complete turn around...because i think the cupid might be my favorite RM now and i am getting them back into my collection. I had to get another viola because the softness of the leather and the color are just divine. I can see that a pouch might get scratched up floating around inside of a bag with stuff in there. but the outside of the bag manages to hold up fine. I will probably just treat it. This time...my bag has more wrinkly parts...reminds me of bal chevre leather in being a bit thinner and seemingly delicate...tho bal leather seems delicate but is rather durable too. I think if you love the bag....in the viola...you just take care of it a little more....and deal with a bit of scuffing...i guess! the purple is just perfect for spring summer! :biggrin:

Thanks for the clarification. And Yes, I love the color. And I love my Affair in this. I was just really surprised, as I'd never experienced a thin rm leather when the pouch arrived. I have a pebbled black Allowance pouch that I've had for 2 years, and it still looks pristine. I was expecting something more like that. But it is a must have Purple. And the Affair wears better than the pouch. Just didn't want someone else to be surprised at the fragile nature of this great purple. :smile:

Thanks for the clarification. And Yes, I love the color. And I love my Affair in this. I was just really surprised, as I'd never experienced a thin rm leather when the pouch arrived. I have a pebbled black Allowance pouch that I've had for 2 years, and it still looks pristine. I was expecting something more like that. But it is a must have Purple. And the Affair wears better than the pouch. Just didn't want someone else to be surprised at the fragile nature of this great purple. :smile:

i do hear you coco:smile: it is more delicate without a doubt.

Have to speak up, the Viola is super thin, and if you breathe too hard it scratches and scuffs. I have a pouch in this, and I spend half my time conditioning out the scuffs. Also bouch the affai in this, and same think leathe, but I use that bag very carefully. If you don't mind fragile leather, the color is gorgeous.

Just my opinion. I do love my circle quilted studded affair, but I am super careful with it.

Thanks you! I decided not to get either one because I liked viola more but don't want delicate leather. Hopefully I will find another color with stronger leather. =)

Thanks you! I decided not to get either one because I liked viola more but don't want delicate leather. Hopefully I will find another color with stronger leather. =)

Oh, I feel terrible now. I just didn't want you to be disappointed. I just got a MAB in the new "Purple" that's it, no concord, no custom, no jammin, just "Purple" and it is a great leather. thick gorgeous. Photographs very light, but it like a Dusty Lilac. Absolutely looks purple, no doubt about it. Totally different from the other "Purple"s from seasons past. That is an awesome purple, I think I saw a cupid in it. Might be wrong, but it is a great leather to look for. I'll try to look around and see what else I saw in the new Purple. I wanted a better idea of what it looked like before I bought, so that's when I ran across what I am thinking is the new Purple in a cupid.

The Viola is a gorgeous color, and as I use it the scratches and scuffs are adding to the beauty, but the Affair isn't an everyday bag for me, so it's fine. Never, Ever want to discourage someone against a bag purchase.

Oh, I feel terrible now. I just didn't want you to be disappointed. I just got a MAB in the new "Purple" that's it, no concord, no custom, no jammin, just "Purple" and it is a great leather. thick gorgeous. Photographs very light, but it like a Dusty Lilac. Absolutely looks purple, no doubt about it. Totally different from the other "Purple"s from seasons past. That is an awesome purple, I think I saw a cupid in it. Might be wrong, but it is a great leather to look for. I'll try to look around and see what else I saw in the new Purple. I wanted a better idea of what it looked like before I bought, so that's when I ran across what I am thinking is the new Purple in a cupid.

The Viola is a gorgeous color, and as I use it the scratches and scuffs are adding to the beauty, but the Affair isn't an everyday bag for me, so it's fine. Never, Ever want to discourage someone against a bag purchase.

Thank you so much. I think I know what purple you're talking about because I was checking that out too. I am not sure at this point which color to get since I have so many bags already, I want to be sure it will be used. =)
I want the tri zip jealous in gray/gold hardware eve more but can't find it anywhere. =(

You havent discouraged me at all. You all keep persuading me buy more and more purses! Lol.