Rivoli PM or Siena PM

I think it's just because it has folded corners and the folded corners have shown peeling on other designs, so the forum is wary of them. But it is a beautiful looking bag. :smile:

I got a Siena not long ago and I love it to bits. I'm using it today as a matter of fact..lol.

Your post was helpful lallybelle. when I took a closer look at the Rivoli’s corners I noticed a few loose stitches inside the draped folds. Since I haven’t used it yet and am within the 30 day period I may not keep it after all. Thank you

Reactions: mf_ika
Your post was helpful lallybelle. when I took a closer look at the Rivoli’s corners I noticed a few loose stitches inside the draped folds. Since I haven’t used it yet and am within the 30 day period I may not keep it after all. Thank you
Could you pls show the loose stitches?

Could pls anyone show or give me some examples for peelings on folded corners or slaggy LV bags? Im probaby still very new in this. I just received my Rivoli PM n am still thinking to keep ist or not.
Thank you.

Do you have some links? Thx
The item was sold. I don’t have a link. I recall it was a Mm not PM. I love my PM size which does not sag. With all LV monogram bags, there will be some rubbing corners with wear and tear. The peeling problems are related to bags made between 2012-2015 I think. New material does not have the peeling problem. It is a material problem not the bag design issue. LV prices just increased hope you got it with the old price.

Reactions: mf_ika and Budgiew
The item was sold. I don’t have a link. I recall it was a Mm not PM. I love my PM size which does not sag. With all LV monogram bags, there will be some rubbing corners with wear and tear. The peeling problems are related to bags made between 2012-2015 I think. New material does not have the peeling problem. It is a material problem not the bag design issue. LV prices just increased hope you got it with the old price.

Thx.
My Speedy 30 is from 2012 n still looking pretty.

Thx for your concern. Stupid as I was, I missed one day. The Rivoli PM was 1330 € on May 5 n I gotta pay 1400 €. Even the store director couldn’t give me the old price as we stay in contact online asking his mercy. LOL

I also ordered Graceful Pm in Pivoine, which is a rarity in Germany (or Eur). My gf loves it n wanted to have it. So I’m trying now to get the same bag if unsuccessful I gotta keep the Rivoli.

Cluny BB is sold out in Germany. I might go for Bond Street... but still couldn’t make up my mind.
The Croisette is nice, but somehow too simple (in n outside) n it’s DE. So is South Bank (n not wide enough).

It is really not easy with LV Bags. LOL

Could you pls show the loose stitches?

Could pls anyone show or give me some examples for peelings on folded corners or slaggy LV bags? Im probaby still very new in this. I just received my Rivoli PM n am still thinking to keep ist or not.
Thank you.
mf_ika, I did end up exchanging that Rivoli PM and did not take any photos of the loose stitches. But they were apparent once I took a closer look, so if you cannot easily see them then your bag should be fine. I hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: 94iBag and mf_ika
mf_ika, I did end up exchanging that Rivoli PM and did not take any photos of the loose stitches. But they were apparent once I took a closer look, so if you cannot easily see them then your bag should be fine. I hope you enjoy it!
Thank you Miss Lizz!

If I’m not mistaken, you got now the new Rivoli Pm, rite? May I know the Datacode?

I’m in Germany n it’s funny, that the online shop (directly from France) sent me the 0210. First week in 2020 as if they are clearing their warehouse. Or am I wrong, n it’s the sign of popularity that Rivoli is becoming „in“?

I
Thank you Miss Lizz!

If I’m not mistaken, you got now the new Rivoli Pm, rite? May I know the Datacode?

I’m in Germany n it’s funny, that the online shop (directly from France) sent me the 0210. First week in 2020 as if they are clearing their warehouse. Or am I wrong, n it’s the sign of popularity that Rivoli is becoming „in“?
Hi mf_ika, I haven’t repurchased yet. I’m considering a couple of bags but with the shutdown am waiting to shop in store again. I’m in the US, so that should be soon! My opinion is that any date code in 2020 is recent enough given that the factories repurposed to provide masks and hospital gowns (at least that is what I read). Also, if any particular style is not popular or common that is ok with me as long as I like it!

Reactions: 94iBag and mf_ika
Thank you Miss Lizz!

I believe the ones "made in France" have better quality. I bought mine in Spain and it was MIF. All the monogram patterns match, no loose stitches etc. The date code should mean when the bag was made. I like Rivoli pm also because it is not so popular that you see them everywhere.

Reactions: mf_ika