Rivington GM

Sep 2, 2011
What are your thoughts on the Rivington GM? I have heard some refer to it as a speedy with longer handles (which I can sort of see, I guess...maybe) but I don't see much about this bag on here?

The rivington gm is a very nice bag! I was thinking of buying it myself actually cause I love the damier. But I heard some people complaining about the straps, that they fall down your shoulder and so on.. so I think you should try it in a store first!

I love the style. It fits beautifully on the shoulder and it holds a lot. I like that it is structured and has details like the pleating on the sides. It is not very common so it definitely stands out.

My best friend has one and it is stunning but I hate to be the bearer of bad news..... She bought hers a month ago and when we were admiring it tonight, we noticed that the straps were cracking and peeling in 3 spots. She isn't hard on her bags and rotates them quite often (she has a wonderful collection of LV and LV slg's). This was so disappointing to discover.

It may not happen often but I want to let you know as it is a lot of $$$. She still loves her bag and hopes that LV will correct the problem. HTH!

I had the pm version of this bag and I sold it. I really liked it but.....I found it hard to get into. You have to put a little bit of work into opening it. And I didn't like the way it looked when u left it open. That is why I got the Westminster. It is an awesome bag. Not a lot of people have it so I feel special when I carry her.

I love the style. It fits beautifully on the shoulder and it holds a lot. I like that it is structured and has details like the pleating on the sides. It is not very common so it definitely stands out.

My best friend has one and it is stunning but I hate to be the bearer of bad news..... She bought hers a month ago and when we were admiring it tonight, we noticed that the straps were cracking and peeling in 3 spots. She isn't hard on her bags and rotates them quite often (she has a wonderful collection of LV and LV slg's). This was so disappointing to discover.

It may not happen often but I want to let you know as it is a lot of $$$. She still loves her bag and hopes that LV will correct the problem. HTH!

That is sad news, I hope she gets it sorted out. Hopefully this isn't a pervasive problem with the bag.

I had the pm version of this bag and I sold it. I really liked it but.....I found it hard to get into. You have to put a little bit of work into opening it. And I didn't like the way it looked when u left it open. That is why I got the Westminster. It is an awesome bag. Not a lot of people have it so I feel special when I carry her.

Is it a problem with the zipper being too stiff or the opening in general?

I have the bag and it's lovely--it is like the Speedy with longer handles, and structured, so it doesn't sag. I have no problems wearing it on my shoulders.

I am considering getting the Rivington GM too but I wonder why this bag isn't more popular. Some say it's the lack of wow factor but the Monty is pretty similar and there seems to be a lot more postings with that bag. Rivington users - where do you wear it? Work? Going out? Weekend casual shopping? Does it hold a lot?