Riviera 2022 capsule collection

michi_chi

O.G.
Feb 2, 2008
Starting this thread to chat about all things Riviera 2022. Last year the Riviera collection was available in navy (?) blue, red and a line green/yellow. This year, it's fluorescent blue, pink and orange. I noticed that the water bottles are on the website in blue and orange, but I would prefer the pink and it's not available. The description for the blue mentioned that it comes in pink but I checked with my SA who confirmed it's only in two colours. The water bottle was available in all 3 colours last year, so I'm puzzled why it's only available in two this year.

I wonder if anyone has any intel on whether the water bottle will be released in pink later or if it is indeed only available in blue and orange?

Screenshot_20220604-133350~2.png
IMG-20220604-WA0003.jpg

Reactions: starrysky7
I'm not normally a Dior girl but the colors of this collection made me gasp. It's stunning. However with items like these I think there's a longevity issue, these flashy ouftits/items are just too recognizable to be worn often. I do love the t-shirts but not so much for the price. Here's my favorites of the collection:

1654083923_223T19A4498_X5881_E01_ZHC.jpg

1652867120_242V11A3526_X4855_E01_ZHC.jpg

I also think this bag is kind of cool

1654101919_S5554ONTI_M808_E01_ZHC.jpg

I was able to see this line in the boutique before it came out and it is stunning (in my opinion). However, bright blue and orange are my favorite colors. I'm not a pink girl but it's a great shade. The orange was definitely pretty fluorescent for most items but it just felt so summery. I'm in love with my D-lite bag

Attachments

• IMG_9419.jpeg
    IMG_9419.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 35
I'm not normally a Dior girl but the colors of this collection made me gasp. It's stunning. However with items like these I think there's a longevity issue, these flashy ouftits/items are just too recognizable to be worn often. I do love the t-shirts but not so much for the price. Here's my favorites of the collection:

1652867120_242V11A3526_X4855_E01_ZHC.jpg

These two (the pink jacket and blue dress) are very pretty :nuts: I did think about the jacket but can't see myself wearing it often. I'm not one to follow fashion trends so I like picking pieces that will fit into my wardrobe that I keep wearing on rotation. I think with the Toile de Jouy motif being a more permanent staple in the collections, it won't go out of style too quickly but with the different colour options, everyone will hopefully be able to find pieces in a colour that they like

@stephaniep97 That's beautiful, congrats!

@michi_chi Yes, these colors and patterns can be tricky. The blue dress is gorgeous, I think it would work as a special occasion dress if someone has a big engagement or birthday party and wants to splurge.

I bought a TDJ dress from H&M when they copied Dior a few years ago (It's a really nice dress) and I pull it out a few times each season and that is more neutral (white with blue print). I kind of wish cheaper brands will release neon TDJ clothes this summer.

So is this collection going a bit slow? Online a lot seems to be still available and if I look on Instagram it's only sponsored content or personal shoppers pushing it. Not actual people showing their purchases...

@Mrs.Z , the dior wicker Montaigne bags have been in stores, but they sell out almost as soon as they come in. Perhaps let your SA know you would like one, and he can either source one or set one aside for you to purchase

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: Christofle