Rive Gauche Tote

Hi @micahanne , do you still have both rive gauche totes? If so, did you use any protective sprays on them?

Hi! yes i still have both and they've been my go-to's since summer. No, i didn't use any protective sprays on them, didn't think of it honestly. I guess I could have sprayed the handle but haven't done that either. The khaki one is very nice, it doesn't take too much dirt and any lint falls out of it quickly. The black one does attract more lint so you can see those on the bags. It doesn't bother me as much but if anything I would just use lint remover.

Hi! yes i still have both and they've been my go-to's since summer. No, i didn't use any protective sprays on them, didn't think of it honestly. I guess I could have sprayed the handle but haven't done that either. The khaki one is very nice, it doesn't take too much dirt and any lint falls out of it quickly. The black one does attract more lint so you can see those on the bags. It doesn't bother me as much but if anything I would just use lint remover.
cool, thanks for the info! :smile:

Hi rive gauche owners,

May I ask if you still own your rive gauche tote? And if yes, could you please let me know the wear and tear??!!! How does it hold up? I am eyeing it and would like to hear your thoughts? I have already the onthego GM but it is a bit loud now and would like to have something understated!

Thanks in advance!!

Hi rive gauche owners,

May I ask if you still own your rive gauche tote? And if yes, could you please let me know the wear and tear??!!! How does it hold up? I am eyeing it and would like to hear your thoughts? I have already the onthego GM but it is a bit loud now and would like to have something understated!

Thanks in advance!!

Hi! I have one.
It's been a while since I don't carry around, with covid I'm no longer going to the office or traveling, but I wore this bag A LOT for this.
And still perfect.. mine is the white/yellow version, way before they had them in multiple colors. I was so afraid of getting dirty easily, but it has kinda like a varnish finish so it's very safe to use.

There's some wear and tear on the corners and some black spots but I dont really mind, and I never sent it for cleaning..

Captura de Tela 2021-03-20 às 21.24.31.pngCaptura de Tela 2021-03-20 às 21.24.40.png

Hi! I have one.
It's been a while since I don't carry around, with covid I'm no longer going to the office or traveling, but I wore this bag A LOT for this.
And still perfect.. mine is the white/yellow version, way before they had them in multiple colors. I was so afraid of getting dirty easily, but it has kinda like a varnish finish so it's very safe to use.

There's some wear and tear on the corners and some black spots but I dont really mind, and I never sent it for cleaning..

View attachment 5030053View attachment 5030048

Hi, thank you so much for your comments!! The only thing I am worried about are the corners! It is almost 1000 euros and I hate if the corners are showing wear and tear!! I don’t mind about the scratches but not the corners .

I don’t know if it is worth to spend that much money on a canvas bag!! ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️

Hi, thank you so much for your comments!! The only thing I am worried about are the corners! It is almost 1000 euros and I hate if the corners are showing wear and tear!! I don’t mind about the scratches but not the corners .

I don’t know if it is worth to spend that much money on a canvas bag!! ‍♀‍♀‍♀
Maybe you should consider the leather version then!
In my opinion is a great bag and the price point isn’t that bad if you’re compare with the Dior book tote, the wear and tear of it it’s insane. Lots of visible threads.

Maybe you should consider the leather version then!
In my opinion is a great bag and the price point isn’t that bad if you’re compare with the Dior book tote, the wear and tear of it it’s insane. Lots of visible threads.

OMG the price of dior book tote is insane and unbelievable ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️ I don’t know why people are buying it although it is just a canvas bag! I have the LV onthego and it is very convenient but just a bit too loud for me now...

I didn’t know that there is a leather version of the rive gauche!!! I thought it comes only in canvas. I am between now the rive gauche and the Givenchy Antigona Medium...

What do you think which one should I get as a daily work bag?

OMG the price of dior book tote is insane and unbelievable ‍♀‍♀‍♀ I don’t know why people are buying it although it is just a canvas bag! I have the LV onthego and it is very convenient but just a bit too loud for me now...

I didn’t know that there is a leather version of the rive gauche!!! I thought it comes only in canvas. I am between now the rive gauche and the Givenchy Antigona Medium...

What do you think which one should I get as a daily work bag?
They do! There's a lot of different styles of this bag around there.
Sometimes you can find then in my theresa, matches, sssense or browns fashion..
I think this bag is perfect for work or travel. fits a LOT and it's super under the radar, you don't see them all over and every time I use mine I get a lot of compliments.

Captura de Tela 2021-03-21 às 17.55.51.png

They do! There's a lot of different styles of this bag around there.
Sometimes you can find then in my theresa, matches, sssense or browns fashion..
I think this bag is perfect for work or travel. fits a LOT and it's super under the radar, you don't see them all over and every time I use mine I get a lot of compliments.

View attachment 5030927

The leather version looks very interesting to me!! I hope I can find one!! It looks very understated and at the same time it is an elegant tote!